Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cruisin' Colorado
91 MR2 turbo 83 RX-7
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious which year(s) of Camrys corispond with which Generations?

I am most curious about my 1996 DX Camry, but I am curious about the others as well.

Knowing the gen will help me out on this forum.

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
man i'm done with this site... all you guys do is bash new people... its one thing if the guy had like 10 or more posts and posts a dumb question... he has one post, im asuming the guy saw camry signed up and read a few posts... i've seen too many new people being flammed about using the search, and how dumb of a question this and that... honestly... who really gives a crap? whats to take 5-10 seconds out of your busy "posting" hours to direct him in a helpful path... i mean... look back to when you were a newb i bet you at least 1 out of every 3 of you did the SAME thing... i just don't get the whole point of getting all hyped up about not searching first if the person JUST joined the site... or for that matter has NEVER used a forum before...

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
its not just you... people above... and i've witness others doing it too and the "man you need to use the search button" didn't really seem that friendly... i don't know maybe its me... or maybe its not... i just think over all people need to relax... its a forum not a way of life...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
its not just you. it is all of us. but if we answered every new ? that has been asked 100 times everytime it was asked we would be a board of nothing but the same ?'s. it does get old. i was a noob once and got flamed the sameway. hell i even reopened one of mine saying WOW i was that kind of noob. if it dosnt kill you it makes you stronger. and this is the best site for info. but we can only answer the same ?'s so many time. i know you and who ever reads this. knows that ,that is true

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
yeah it's true... maybe there should be more info available for people in plain site i know this site can be overwhelming to some new members that have never been appart of a forum community before. So it just irritates me, i understand where you're coming from, but like you said this is a helpful site so if newbs should be punished for being "new" then bashers should be punished for getting overwhelmed by someone asking a newbish question... that and i think it gives off the wrong impression to new people the way others handle questions that have been asked over and over. i know if i were new and someone were to respond to me like rich did... i wouldn't want to come back. just my thoughts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
it is in the first block you come to in the forums. listed
The Rules
New users must read this BEFORE you post for the first time.
then thay find this
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t1778.html dont know how eles you can make it more out there:dunno:

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
well i'm just saying people dont read the rules don't mean that they gotta be bashed... thats it... its not crime and punishment... its crime and point in the right direction... the time it takes for someone to bash someone they could be helping them, as well as pointing out that search... like you did... and if indeed they feel the need to bash they shouldn't post at all because that's just as worthless as the post in the first place...

·
I Love Priuses
1999 Toyota Camry LE
339 Posts
To answer the question:

Generation 3 and 3.5: 1992-1996 model years
Generation 4 and 4.5: 1997-2001
Generation 5 and 5.5: 2002-2006
Generation 6 (and possible 6.5 in the future): 2007-2011 if the trend continues in model years.

A "generation" is a term used to describe a design of one particular model. The Camry was redesigned for 1997, so 1997 started a new "generation". Then it was fully redesigned for 2002, and that started a new generation as well.

Usually a model is updated with minor design changes, like headlight and taillight design; however, the overall vehicle still looks pretty much the same. To represent this minor design change in the same "generation", a .5 is added to the generation number. For example, the 4th generation Camry was changed slightly for 2000 by changing the taillight and headlight designs slightly (among other things), so the 2000 and 2001 models are called "generation 4.5". Typically, what I've seen with Camry designs, the last two years of each generation are slightly updated models. Generation 4.5 Camrys are for 2000 and 2001, and Generation 5.5 Camrys are 2005 and 2006. I would have to assume Generation 3.5 Camrys are 1995 and 1996.

At least this is how I understand it. I've never paid attention to the model years for generations one and two, though I also assume the pattern is the same (1982-1986 and 1987-1991, respectively). :dunno:

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
usually if they're new, i try to be nice, answer their question, SHOW them how i got the question, then suggest "use the search function next time" and give them words to type in, so they wont be blank..

i think Warlock handled it right..

but anyway..

Gen 1- 83-86
Gen 2.- 87-89
Gen 2.5- 90/91
Gen 3 - 92-94
Gen 3.5 - 95/96
Gen 4 - 97-99
Gen 4.5- 00/01
Gen 5 - 02-04
Gen 5.5 - 05/06
Gen 6 - 07-09
Gen 6.5 - 10/11

·
Cruisin' Colorado
91 MR2 turbo 83 RX-7
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you to those of you who pointed me in the right direction.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about my Camry and so I decided to check out this forum. People here seem to be very knowledgeable about Camrys.

I did try to figure it out on my own but this forum is so new to me it was kind of over whelming.

Thank you again to those of you who pointed me in the right direction.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.