Toyota Nation Forum banner

Which kind of aftermarket seats?

2K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  DAMON 
#1 ·
As the title says, Im in the market for a new pair of seats... so far ive been looking at momos the most seriously, but Ive also looked at brides and sparcos. Momos seem to be the cheapest, so Im just wondering if anyone has experience with them- or any higher-end aftermarket seat and what you think of them. Also let me know where you got them if you got a good deal. Thanks!

Damon

#2 ·
the best advice I can give you is to find which ones you like, regardless of brand, and see if your local shop or a friend has a pair. Sit in them to see how they feel to you. It's hit or miss ordering seats online, you could find out you love them or end up hating them because they are uncomfortable.

#4 ·
those aren't bad looking but if I were you I'd really rather get a set of adjustable seats. A little extra money, but it beats having to sit in one position the whole time. Not as big of a deal since you have a four door but still something to consider

#5 ·
true joel, I thought about that... plus my gf is gonna complain on long trips if she cant put the seat back and go to sleep, though my exhaust doesnt help her sleep much either :lol:

#6 ·
yeah i hear you on the exhaust. I get used to it, but anyone else in the car complains about how loud it is. Especially when I get on it and that dump tube lets it out ;)

But get what you want and pleases you, it's your car not your gf's haha. You're paying for it and the parts, so she can deal with it

#11 ·
^yeah those are the big three Im thinking about, then having the back done to match eventually. My mom and g/f are giving me shit- theyre like "$500 for a seat?!" but thats the thing you use most in your car- makes sense to me anyway.

I have considered celica seats, but those I have actually sat in and Im not sure if there is enough bolster for what I want. Theyre definately nice though for sure. The other thing that concerns me is all of the fake Bride seats out there, that makes me a little nervous.

#12 ·
All I would suggest is, that on a DD, you are going to probably want recline... it just gets old FAST without it. The MOMO's I have been in, even through most did not recline - were comfy and well supported. I just would not have liked to be in them for more then an hour.

Plus, how the hell are you gonna get your lean on when you have to sit all up right in the seat? That pretty much makes driving worthless.

Oh yeah - If you want custom blue/black leather perforated seats - I know where you can get a set for the front and back so cheap your head will spin :lol: All 4 seats for the price of 1 nice racing seat haha

#13 ·
haha thanks nate! I honestly thought about buying your back seats but I dont want the blue leather- Id want to switch the blue to grey... I wonder how difficult that would be to have done. And thats true, what would driving be without gangster lean? :lol:

I really love these sparcos but they are a bit more expensive...

^those do have nice adjustments though, reclines/folds and micro adjustment.

Then they have those momos i liked in adjustable form for a little more money...

so yeah... still deciding how much I want to spend. Ive gotta find some sliders too...

#14 · (Edited)
i'd take those sparco's over the momo's anyday

as for sliders, you might have to fab up your own or have a shop work with some universal sliders. I haven't seen sliders for a camry. I'm sure they are out there though, I haven't been in the camry scene for a few years now.

#19 ·
I found brackets for my car on corbeau's website, so if I got some of their seats they would fit right in, but I dont know much about their reputation/quality... these are hot though:

#22 ·
ooo nice link, thanks!

the more I look the more I want sparcos... but I think they may be a bit too costly for seats for my camry :lol: I think Im down to momo or corbeau.

#23 ·
yeah. moneys the big issue. too bad its kinda hard to find people with the sparco/momo so that u can actualy compare to see the expensive sparcos are worth it. but its a daily driver so i doubt it'll make much diff.

im thinkin about a driver seat as well. maybe i'll hit u up when i get some money and see how whatever ur gonna get is still holding up.

#24 ·
Yeah, perhaps they will be worth it... I plan on getting two for sure, I dont know... sparco brackets are really expensive as well, so I dont know... those black and grey torinos are looking sexy as hell right now though...

If I can find a good deal on the sparcos Ill go for it.

#26 ·
Ive actually sat in those and they dont have enough bolster for what Im looking for... plus they require welding to fit.

I may have found a nice deal on some black used sparco torinos:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.