Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
JDM 1992 Crown Majesta 2JZ A-Grade
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ride quality is very important to me - but i want to lower my car. should i go with the Eibach pro kit, H&R, or TRD? in eibach's case, the 03-08 and 09 springs are the same. assuming thats the same deal witht he other brands... anyway... what do you all recomend? and if someone can type a brief walkthrough on swapping springs (tools to rent too) i'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
how low did u want to go? im just dropped on eibachs and the drop is perfect for me. although i do find myself scraping here and there. totally my fault though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you get the pro kit? 1.4 font, 2.0 back? how stiff did it get

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
im dropped on the 9th gen eibachs. i never really took any measurements of the drop. the ride is slightly stiffer than stock but still bearable.

but then again, im used to driving my other car which is dead stiff on coilovers...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea gen 9 are the same as 10. could you explain just want goes into changing the springs so i know what i'm up against ?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey thank you SOOOO much now i know i can tackle it my self. does it need an alignment after? and in the directions where it says use new nuts and dust covers... do i have to with only 12k on the car?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
springs are ordered and on their way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cannot wait. i'll be up all night when they get here putting them in then i'll send pics. hope it looks ok with the stock rims. thanks everyone. pinoyesv6 thanks for the manual. that will really help

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
hey thank you SOOOO much now i know i can tackle it my self. does it need an alignment after? and in the directions where it says use new nuts and dust covers... do i have to with only 12k on the car?

if you want to sleep tight at night do the alignment and if the manual says replace with new parts do it. they know more than we do.

·
RU2CHKN?
94 Camry LE
611 Posts
I just installed Eibach springs on my Camry and so far the drop looks great!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just installed Eibach springs on my Camry and so far the drop looks great!
upload a pic =P my springs wont arrive until april 1st :'(

·
RU2CHKN?
94 Camry LE
611 Posts
okay I'll try as soon as I can get a working digital camera :'(

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks really good. i heard from a couple people that trd springs are harder than Eibach.. either way i'm looking forward to the looks and handling. buy hey you guys are making me miss my camry :'(

·
RU2CHKN?
94 Camry LE
611 Posts
Yeah the eibachs are great for taking hard corners lol.

·
Poor Lil Tink Tink
19 Posts
IMO you cant go wrong with the eibachs, just got them installed on my 09 corolla and i love them, ill post a pic asap...and btw to me the ride is not even that much different from stock just a little stiffer in some instances but overall same to me

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
13 Posts
i say go with eibachs...i just got them installed on my 09 corolla s and they feel great...im running stocks so i love the way the drop looks with the stock wheels...later i will be getting wheels but till my tires are worn out. :D..eibach lowers the corolla 1.5 front and 2 in the back. I will post up pics once i take some pictures of my car. hopefully tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts