Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, noob here, first post. Two questions I need help with. I have an S2000 so I have no clue what brands you guys use on your Toyotas' or which are any good for that matter.

I've searched and I found a bit of info on the plugs but nothing on the pads.

My dad has an 05' V6 LE and needs his brake pads changed. Apparently the dealer wants $155 for all four corners!! Thats insane!!

What pads do you guys use? And if you use OEM, where do you guys buy them at?

Also, is there a good cheap site where you guys order your spark plugs from? Is sparkplugs.com a good site?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,271 Posts
The plugs don't have to be replaced until about 100K plus miles because they're long-life iridium tipped plugs, so cross them off your list for now. And just use OEM pads. You can purchase them from a dealer.

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
OEM Toyota pads are really very good but if the pricing is too high, go to the local parts store for some Wagners. They aren't as clean as the oem, but the price doesn't compare either.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Prius
119 Posts
OEM Toyota pads are really very good but if the pricing is too high, go to the local parts store for some Wagners. They aren't as clean as the oem, but the price doesn't compare either.
Wagners are not very good. Raybestos Advanced Tech. or Professional Grade ceramic are better choices.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
for your s2k, i'd suggest porterfield pads. brake dust isnt too bad and has a hell of a bite.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
What??? :confused: I'm talking about the Camry....

Besides, for my S I use Hawks.
for the camry, just use OEM or whatever autozone's special is.

hawks are good but if you dont mind paying a little more, the porterfield's will last longer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
for the camry, just use OEM or whatever autozone's special is.

hawks are good but if you dont mind paying a little more, the porterfield's will last longer.
I plan on using OEM but the site I plan on buying from which I posted above has 3 different part #'s...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
i believe you need to get the Mark AK PA533 pads...the other pads are for the SE/XLE's. for the rears, look at your VIN number... if there's a J for the first number, you will need the Japan built pads; otherwise you will need the USA built pads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i believe you need to get the Mark AK PA533 pads...the other pads are for the SE/XLE's. for the rears, look at your VIN number... if there's a J for the first number, you will need the Japan built pads; otherwise you will need the USA built pads.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
autozone has CMAX pads that are 60 bucks for the front and like 55 for the rears i think for gen 7....

ceramic pads with nitrile rubber backing and actually a decent pad.... also quite!

comes with shims and a little bit of lube... ;)

and ofcourse there lifetime warranty :)

when the pads finish

bring them in...

new ones

free

for

life....

i should work for autozone...

oh wait i effin do... FML

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
OEM is best. always.
id rather do it right the first time than cheap out and bitch later when the brakes squeak and leave tons if dust on the wheels.

·
Registered
204 Posts
true... they always are better... but for us common folk i think Duralast break pads to the job just fine...

but sers brake dust sucks balls

1 - 19 of 19 Posts