Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter's 93 Camry wagon (V6) has just blown the head gasket. Car is not worth repairing because of condition and mileage, sadly.

I own a 96 Camry wagon (same color) with the 4cyl engine. What parts would you suggest I take off the 93 before getting it hauled to the scrapper? I am thinking: light bezels, mirrors, power front seat, windshield wiper motors, etc. Hers recently had rear brakes overhauled and mine will soon be in need, so I might do a parts swap there.

Any other parts I should get for possible future need (bearing in mind hers is a 6 cyl and mine a 4 cyl)? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Well, here are a few other idea's too.

The V6 front brakes are bigger. You can swap them to your car, but you will need her 15" rims to clear the calipers. It's an easy swap.

Wagon interior parts (rear section) are hard to come by. Keep them if you have the space. May as well pull the spare tire, and the tire jack as well.

Pull any wagon specicit stuff too such as the radio antenna, rear washer nozzel, tail lights.

Engine wise, there really is nothing unfortunatley. You can always take stuff liek the radio as well if it's a CD player.

·
OREGONian
92' 4 door Camry
315 Posts
Center console, left coin holder, center coin holder, stock under cassest player box, rear brake setup,climate control. windshield, almost anything that can swap with yours but thats the list i might need for my olding cam also :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggested parts to remove from the 93.

Darn, I just realized that Toyota put 15 rims on the V6 and 14 on the 4cyl?? That means I won't be able to use on my 96 (4) the new winter tires she had on the 93:-( I have two sets of 14 rims already and two good sets of 14 tires...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Center console, left coin holder, center coin holder, stock under cassest player box, rear brake setup,climate control. windshield, almost anything that can swap with yours but thats the list i might need for my olding cam also :D
Hi, what specifically did you mean by "climate control"? Would that require taking the dash apart?

I suppose the onboard computer and many relays would be incompatible between the 6 and 4?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts