Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not happy with the programming and commercials on XM (roady 2 installed), so I am looking at giving Sirius a try.

Which Sirius tuner do you have? I want:
Good price
Orange display with several lines, not the single-line "visor" style.
Song seek to find favorites.
Remote control.
Ability to run into Aux inputs - FM modulator sounds dull.

I will install it below the AC controls, where my XM roady now resides.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Corolla LE
155 Posts
I have the Sirius Starmate - works okay but the display is red. It was a gift, but I think it sells for new in the store for about $50.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Silverstreak, Thats a very clean installation.

Does that unit have the ability to wire directly to an Aux input instead of using the FM modulator box?

·
Toyota Parts Manager
138 Posts
I got the Sirius Xact Replay.

Uses wireless technology. No need to wire it to your radio.

You can pause and rewind up to 45 minutes of music too.

I'll take some pictures once I get mine mounted permanantly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the Sportster Replay. It's got a blue display.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a Sportster. I have had it a year, I flip it back and forth with my other vehicle. It has worked great.

·
Self Proclaimed Genius
762 Posts
akfox1 said:
Silverstreak, Thats a very clean installation.

Does that unit have the ability to wire directly to an Aux input instead of using the FM modulator box?
Are you referring to the box in the last pic? That's the actual receiver, the unit up front is just a display and is wired into that box.

It does have RCA's, so you can wire it directly to an Aux input. I have mine connected to the stock radio via a PIE connector. You can also use an FM modulator or use the wireless FM broadcast.

·
Registered
80 Posts

This is the one I have. I have it mounted in the forward most portion of the center console in front on my shifter. Perfect match to interior of truck. Orange display is close to color of our guage clusters too.

Got it at Best Buy for $49 plus tax. XACT Visor

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Go Bills!
Tacoma, 4DR, 2WD
291 Posts
I have a Starmate version -- nice and small with red letters/display.

·
Cephasiii
05' Tacoma Prerunner
253 Posts
I have and did waht trruuck did. My wife had it installed for me in the compartement infront of the shifter. Looks very very good, very clean and easy to read. It takes a little getting use to the one line, but the moves faster enough to not get to annoying. Plus its orange and matches very nice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts