Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering if any of you have heard of this lift kit. you can check it out on www.toyteclifts.com and it is a spacer lift. I own a 2000 toyota tacoma 4wd and was wondering if this is a good lift kit. Also how stiff does the ride get when you install a spacer and how well does it perform offroad. When adding a leaf kit in the rear do you need new shocks for a 2.5inch raise. I'm running the stock Bilstiens that came with my truck. Thanks

·
This Space For Rent
14,153 Posts
I'd personally go with Cornfed spacers www.cornfedsuspension.com and check out his kits. Many people have his spacers and think they kick a$$. I have his 2" spacers and they are great. I'd personally get shackles instead of the AAL, you'll get a better ride. Any rear lift you do will require longer shocks and with a 2.5" raise, you'll also need extended brake lines as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Humanoid the cornfed suspension looks likes a good spacer kit but on the webpage it says that you have to re route the exhaust. Is this true because that sounds costly. Do the spacers on your truck make it really stiff or is it alright.

·
This Space For Rent
14,153 Posts
Yeah, if you get any shackle set up for the rear, you'll have to re-route the exhaust hanger... lengthening it a 1" or 2". Or, you can cut off the exhaust right before or after the axle (I forget which)... I think many have done that with no probs.

The spacers will make the ride a bit stiff, but you'll get used to it after awhile. David makes a good setup at Cornfed, you wont be disappointed.

Whereabouts in Cali do you live?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Littlerock near palmdale. It's like an hour from the san fernando valley. Since you have to shorten your exhaust i think i'd rather go with the AAL and deal with the stiffness.

·
This Space For Rent
14,153 Posts
You don't REALLY have to shorten it, I think others have fabbed a new bracket for the exhaust hanger or I think some online stores sell a lengthened one. Good luck with whatever setup you do, man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts