Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 98 corolla are using the cheapest spark plus from advanced auto parts for more than 30000 miles now, should I change it since I see some people here say certain spark plugs are better for the Toyota engines? Or are my engines ok since I been using it for so long.

thanks

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
NGK Laser Iridium or Iridium IX. Can use NGK Laser Platinum. Or Denso equivalents.

Using the cheapest ones are ok if you change them at regular short intervals. The expensive ones run longer but the initial cost is also higher.

It is mostly preference and if you are DIYer, you can go either way depending on your cost and time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
my 98 corolla are using the cheapest spark plus from advanced auto parts for more than 30000 miles now, should I change it since I see some people here say certain spark plugs are better for the Toyota engines? Or are my engines ok since I been using it for so long.

thanks
I run the cheaper ones (about $10/set) and change them in the summer. I put about 25,000 miles a year on my car and I figure if I'm pulling them out to check them, I might as well change them. I get around 34-36 mpg in the summer so I can't say as though the more expensive ones would save me much in fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.