Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing a bunch of searching and reading so far and still have questions.

What I have:
07 Taco Double Cab
Just ordered 2 rolls RAMMmat/ 6 yrds of ensolite from Rick (Way cool guy by the way :thumbup: )
Top end is Jl 300/4 and Jl 6.5 components for the front and JL 6.5 coaxials for the rear.
I'm planning on getting another JL amp, probably the 250/1 to push the sub.

The goal of this system is for SQ. I used to do custom install back in college but that was along time ago and I don't know what options exist for subs. I could run 2 JL 8's or maybe just one 10. Building a custom box is not a problem.

What other subs out there work with a small box space? Which other brands might match up well with the Jl top end? What are you running and how do you like it?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
So you're looking for two 8s or one 10?

I'd recommend a pair of Elemental Designs 9K2s (Dual 4ohm) or a single 11K2(Dual 2ohm). Both would work great off that JL Amp. If you're not a fan of Elemental Designs, I'd also recommend Image Dynamics, particularly the IDQs.

·
Registered
409 Posts
ifyou're looking for 10's for SQ, go with Arc Audio 10's

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
The Arc 10's like drummerguy mentioned is definitely a good choice with the boxes that fit behind the seats.

Do a search on Marv here to see his enclosures.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I figured out how to find all the audio stuff... Just search for Mr Marv and you get all you need! Just needed to find the right key word to search on. The 3 sub listed seem like the ones to use. Just need to pick one.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
JL W6 10" sealed downfire box and I love it. Very tite and way more bass than I need in my access cab. I'll try to get some pics of the enclosure.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
^Nice subs, only bad part is they are over 5.5" mounting depth :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cam, I would like to keep it all JL just because but after looking at their subs none seem to fit this application.

Thanks again for the input,
Mike

PS. I recieved the RAAMmat/ensolite/spay adhesivve from Rick yesterday... Anyone way to come to Az and help sound dampen my truck? :lol: Beers are on me! I am really looking forward to the quite cab.

·
My search-fu is weak!
288 Posts
Rodge said:
So you're looking for two 8s or one 10?

I'd recommend a pair of Elemental Designs 9K2s (Dual 4ohm) or a single 11K2(Dual 2ohm). Both would work great off that JL Amp. If you're not a fan of Elemental Designs, I'd also recommend Image Dynamics, particularly the IDQs.
Another vote for eD's subs. I have two 13KV.2's in my truck, and they are very crisp and deep. I love 'em.

·
Taking Donations.
2006 tacoma DC 4x4
753 Posts
you should try out the new kicker that has a shallow mounting depth. Check out kicker's website. When I chose to do an audio system this is the route I will take. It will enable you to run a 12" sub because they are such shallow speakers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts