Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know my current set of wheels aren't the best, so I was considering getting the IS300 ones instead. What do you guys think?

The Current Set: Konig Tantrums 17x7 +45 Offset

Now considering the Enkei Evo8's for $300 :

I'm also open to any other suggestions. I'm primarily looking for some 17" rims, and 18" would be the largest I would get. My budget is $350 or so (not including tires) and I'm willing to sell my current set too. I'm not a fan of mesh, black, chrome, chrome lip, etc. and I tend to lean towards rims such as Enkei, Volk, Advan, etc. but they're too expensive. OEM is good too but they would have to be at least 17x7 as I do a lot of canyon running/mountain driving. This would be the kind of style I'm looking at.

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank for the replies.

Bigbird: Yeah the current style isn't too bad. For $350, I'm expecting low-end quality but looks decent. I know I can't get quality wheels for that price. I also uploaded another set, Rota Torque's. I believe these are knock off's but they come in 17x8 which means better grip. Only thing I'm worried about is what the offset is and if I can get those to fit on the gen4 without clearance issues. I'll be test fitting these tomorrow so I'll find out.

kpszar: I agree, the 3rd set looks clean but they're out of my budget. :headbang:

Part of the reason I want a new set is because I believe there are better style wheels that would look good on the Camry. Although I get comments like "that's the cleanest gen4 I've seen," I don't get any compliments with the Konig's I have..I think the wheels are the only things that are "lacking" something aesthetically pleasing.:sosad:

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
i like the hat in the third one:D

thoes wheels get a bad wrap since they hve been around and that style is very dated. i understand the reason to change. check out discount tire here in teh TN vandors. i got my boost wheels for my gen4 there and it was a good price and great service.

·
Needs more TRD...
98/00 Camrys
220 Posts
Im really diggin the last one..

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
those rota torque's look sweet. have you looked at the enkei rsv's? they look similar and run about $150 a piece new. maybe you can find some used...

they come in silver, anthracite (above) and bronze.

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i like the hat in the third one:D

thoes wheels get a bad wrap since they hve been around and that style is very dated. i understand the reason to change. check out discount tire here in teh TN vandors. i got my boost wheels for my gen4 there and it was a good price and great service.
Yeah that was my friend chillin' in the car haha. Yeah I looked at the vendor's site and a few other places but I think I'll just go for some cheap used rims. I know edgeracing had some great deals but they went out of business..IIRC they had the enkei's in 17" for $80 a piece with some weird offset.

Im really diggin the last one..
Same here, but I think they're out of my price range. I love this set a lot though.

those rota torque's look sweet. have you looked at the enkei rsv's? they look similar and run about $150 a piece new. maybe you can find some used...

they come in silver, anthracite (above) and bronze.
Yeah, I looked into these when I first got my Camry. There was a member on here that had these in 18's on his green gen4 (somewhere in the gallery section). My taste has changed since then and I prefer one solid color (such as silver). Nonetheless, those are a nice set of wheels :cool:.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Yeah, I looked into these when I first got my Camry. There was a member on here that had these in 18's on his green gen4 (somewhere in the gallery section). My taste has changed since then and I prefer one solid color (such as silver). Nonetheless, those are a nice set of wheels :cool:.

ba-da-boom. :naughty:

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
i like the 2nd ones down they match the cars size and sedan look theyr beefy looking too plus you can allways go to toyota and find a "toyota" centercap in place of the "lexus" cap thats what i did with my 91 celica i put scion tc wheels on it with matrix centercaps i got this complement > "wow thowse are nice i hate the look of aftermarket wheels they look cheep and immature" even when i go to a dealeship they turn heads

but yea that is the nicest looking camry ive seen

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

ba-da-boom. :naughty:
Nice, but I think they're too much if I were to get them brand new.

EDIT: If anyone wants the RSV's, there's a set for $400 on the east coast.
http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/1082635555.html

^ those are nice :thumbsup:
Agree.

i like the 2nd ones down they match the cars size and sedan look theyr beefy looking too plus you can allways go to toyota and find a "toyota" centercap in place of the "lexus" cap thats what i did with my 91 celica i put scion tc wheels on it with matrix centercaps i got this complement > "wow thowse are nice i hate the look of aftermarket wheels they look cheep and immature" even when i go to a dealeship they turn heads

but yea that is the nicest looking camry ive seen
Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you like the Camry :D. After thinking more about it, I think I'll go with aftermarket; although certain stock/OEM wheels can certainly turn heads if done correctly.

those pics were taken at Cal Poly right??
Yes'm. You down for a photoshoot sometime?

hey i have the same rims on your last pics. enkei 0r52. i just bought additional center caps. lol
i like the last one. i bought my rims since 06 and just installed this spring. lol
i bought it at edgeracing $99 a piece.
I like your taste in wheels :thumbsup:. I'm seriously considering these and the Enkei Evo8's right now.

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I like what you have.

Some nice center caps would improve the look. tho! IMO
Thanks eyeball, I never got around to getting the center caps because I'm a "poor" college student :lol:.

thoes are nice...and i like the look of the evo8s too. but im not sure the gunmetal would look as good as silver with your car color.
My bad, the Evo8's that I'm considering are a bronze like color. I believe they're the same ones I posted. If I don't like the color, I may powdercoat them silver in the future. Hopefully I can grab this set soon!

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the Evo8's remind me of your Konigs, cept minus one spoke.
Yeah they're similar but the Evo8's are 17x8 with +32 offset (better grip). My friend also said that the Enkei's are of better build quality so I think they would be a decent upgrade. Not sure what I'm gonna do at this point...

·
Togue superstar
00 Camry LE
670 Posts
yeah I'm down for a photoshoot.

My boy also drives a gen 4.5.

Just hit me up whenever.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts