Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a letter yesterday saying there are issues with blizzard white and super white paint peeling. Is this for all cars with this paint or just cars that came out of a specific factory. Will they have to repaint the entire car or just do patch work fixes? Any info would be helpful. I just bought a new 2018 Corolla se currently with only 7,000 miles on it and im a little more than upset with this news. I bought a toyota because of their solid reputation now i find out the paint falls off the vehicle...not happy!

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Hi and welcome to TN! I will move your thread to the 11th gen Corolla forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you get this letter from Toyota? I have a 2016 scion iM and had this issues within 2 weeks owning the car. I guess they finally admitted that the blizzard pearl does have issues. Please let us know if there are any updates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They're still working out a game plan but I'd assume they'll end up painting the entire panel because anything else would just be a band-aid IMO. I've got a super white 2016 and the paint is starting to peel along the seam between the front quarter panels and the hood and around the trunk.

Bought the car last week. Between this and the CVT recall not off to the best start : /

·
Registered
235 Posts
But think on the positive side: you will get a new AT and a fresh coat of paint, almost a new car ;)

Whereas the Buick I owned in the early 2000s when its white paint peel off completely down to primer, I got no warranty whatsoever. Not to mention head gaskets, oil leaks, evap and other major powertrain problems just outside warranty that also weren't covered...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea I definitely appreciate Toyota stepping up and admitting fault and working on a remedy, just makes me second guess myself going for a reliable brand then getting hit with these two things out of the gate. Still not regretting the purchase though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts