Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening everyone!

So to keep it short, I contacted Whiteline to see if it's possible to get sway bars for the 2nd gen made again, as they've been discontinued for a decade or more. WL was able to confirm that there is a remaining jig for the rear bar (18mm per the site) that was found in AU, and if we can get enough folks committed, we can get them to bend a few for us.

It would be easiest to get this greenlit with about 20 people in total, but I find that unlikely... However! If you're interested, please let me know, and let's see if we can drum up enough folks to bring this extinct goodie back from the dead! There's no firm price, of course, but should be somewhere in the neighborhood of $150-200.

1. modoman
  2. 71Corolla
  3. locks_
  4. ?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,089 Posts
How about the front one also? (though, 4-cylinder FWD Camrys can upgrade to the 25mm front that is on the V6 and Alltrac models - the Whiteline one is 27mm)

I already have both, hopefully you will find some interest!

-Charlie

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about the front one also? (though, 4-cylinder FWD Camrys can upgrade to the 25mm front that is on the V6 and Alltrac models - the Whiteline one is 27mm)

I already have both, hopefully you will find some interest!

-Charlie
Sadly, the jig for the front was lost or trashed, so there's no chance of getting the front. Good to know the V6 is an upgrade on that front, though!

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,089 Posts
Oh, and as a note the ST185/ST205 and ST165 rear swaybars bolt on to the Alltrac Camry rear. The FWD rear swaybar doesn't work on the Alltrac...

-Charlie

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump! Cmon folks, this is probably the last and only chance to upgrade the rear sway bar! The OEM rears have been known to break from age and wear. Also worth mentioning, the WL rep assured me that it should fall under $200 to match prices of similar sway bars they still sell. We're talking the likely only chance you'll get to upgrade the rear!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts