Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So I have done a few.. and I have become to like doing them. 1oz of either SeaFoam or MMO in a cylinder, I believe the SeaFoam burns off whereas I am not sure the MMO does.. Does anyone else do Piston Soaks during either spark plug changes or long periods of storage, heat the engine up put the liquid in and let it sit?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have never done piston soaks or carbon cleanining. I use top tier gas exclusively, Amsoil signature series oil, a bottle of Amsoil PI every 4000 miles or so, and replace air filter annually. I don't buy into the yearly oil change, change mine every 6 months. Even my old f150 with 200000 miles never needed a TB cleaning or anything else than plugs at 100000 miles, belts, coolant flush, trans flush.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,692 Posts
I did an entire Kreen soak experiment and documented it here. Did not see any changes to the tops of the piston heads, but I did not expect to see a big difference with only 1 or 2 soaks.

·
Registered
2000 Toyota Corolla
144 Posts
On carbed engines, I've slowly poured small amounts of water down the carb while the engine is running. That'll clean the pistons up. Never tried any products on FI engines though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No need for any of this. Only way carbon can build up to a point of affecting combustion efficiency, if you drive the car like a grandma and never heat up the combustion chambers enough by never allowing the engine to see RPM’s over 2500. Just step on the throttle occasionally and bring that engine into the 5000-6000rpm range periodically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts