Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Camry 94
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a BBK for my ride. I know there aren't too many people using them in their camry/solara or similar, but I need some info. If you do have a kit, or if you made something, what wheels are you using? And do you have spacers?

Thanks,
Alex

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
I'm also looking for information on this subject aswell, i REALLY want to upgrade my brakes.

by the way, your car is total hottness, Alex! I love the two-toned glow you got going on with it!

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
I think any brake company (ie. KVR, etc) will make you a kit if you pay minimum $2000, it'll come with calipers, rotors, SS lines & brackets for the front brakes.

The rotors are at least 13" in diameter so you'll need minimum 17" wheels not to mention you have to make sure that there's enough clearance for the caliper.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
there have been some people that had put Supra TT rotors on they camry, not sure if that is big enough for ya tho

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ he needs REAL braking power tho......which means manyh pistoned calipers, better lines, anjd potential bigger brake booster

·
Registered
Toyota Camry 94
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My concern is not the availability of the kits. Rotora and Stoptech both have kits that will work.

I want to know what wheels actually work without spacers on our cars.

·
2005 Corolla XRS
309 Posts
That's hilarious, no one here at TN has one

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
My friend has hilux brake calipers in my garage, that hes thought about putting into a AE82, those are 4 piston calipers and can fit a 308mm disk. Good thing is you can find these parts quite cheap in junk yards.

·
1,064 Posts
i rather spend the money on a turbo kit rather than big brakes. Why get better brakes when your car can't go fast.:D

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ holy shit, smokey.....where have you been??? you;'ve been gone for years....:hi:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
swegyptian....Your best bet would be to go check out Wilwood and put something together from their catolog. They'll give you all the info you need so that you can find the right amount of clamping force & rotor size that you need. You should be able to use the wheels you currently have if you give them all the specs. The key though is being able to have someone fabricate your mounting adapters. Thats really where there is any kind of thinking or fabricating involved.

If more people were truly interested in purchasing a BBK it could be made but the R&D and machining costs are too much for companies to take a gamble on the Camry comunity.

·
Registered
Toyota Camry 94
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are already two kits out there. I am probably going with the stoptech kit. It looks like it should fit behind my current wheels.

I was pretty surprised as I remember someones brembo kit from a few years ago, and they told me that I needed 1" spacers to make it fit. No thanks!

But the stopteh kit looks like it will fit, maybe needing a 5mm spacer.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
you have a part # for that stoptech kit? I don't see it on their online catalog. I know of the Rotora kit already.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
yup should be no problem once you get the knuckles, gluck with the install and let us know how it goes when you get it done.

·
1,064 Posts
Eye8Pussies said:
^ holy shit, smokey.....where have you been??? you;'ve been gone for years....:hi:
:lol: i been so caught up with the 240 project. Damn your cam is looking sweet. Have I really been gone for that long.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts