Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
I dont understand what you mean? It has never been hanging a few inches off the ground. We have 05's and 04's on the lot and the exhaust is the same and tucked up tight against the bumper.

Jeff

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
He's talking about just in front of the rear wheels... the common hanging exhaust pipe on Camry's. For some reason it hangs down low there, and isn't tucked up. I haven't seen an '05, so I don't know.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
I hate that damn hanging pipe. The speed bumps at my school are so high that everytime I go over them it scrapes due to the fact that I have to go over them at angles cuz they soo damn high.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hatch said:
I dont understand what you mean? It has never been hanging a few inches off the ground. We have 05's and 04's on the lot and the exhaust is the same and tucked up tight against the bumper.

Jeff
when you look under the car of an 04, you will see the exhaust pipe, about in the center of the car, slanted downwards and then up. When you follow a camry from behind it's very evident.

Now if you can look at an 05 to check for the same thing, that would be great.

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Ohh that...yeh its still there, it must be there to allow for suspension travel, however this is the first time i have ever heard of anyone complaining about it.

Jeff

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
Mosquito said:
Is the exhaust pipe still hanging few inches off the ground or has it been 'fixed'?
i know what your talkin about, i have one...as you can see....i think they did fix it, because i did the virtual tour on it and it seems like it they fix that problem....but if you damage your muffler bcuz of poor design that's not your fault and they should fix it for you...\

EDIT: There is a space between the pipe and the bottom of the car that is about a couple of inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts