Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm new the MR2 world...I plan on getting one pretty soon. I was just wondering who has the fastest 1/4 mile MR2 here. Is it possible to get one into 10 or 9 secs street legal??? Also what kind of horsepower can I get from a extremly modified MR2?

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/quartermile/
One of the 10 sec cars on that list is street driven.

What do you mean by street legal?
...realistically, if you follow the law to a T, most modded cars are not truly "legal".

Or do you mean, it has an inspection sticker.

·
6,664 Posts
I want to caution posters that any posts, promoting speeding or street racing are against TN forum rules.

Please, be mindful of that in your responses.

14. No posting of threads/replies regarding or promoting street racing, drifting, burnouts, how fast you drove above the speed limit, or any other illegal or reckless behavior on public roads. Any post\thread in violation of this rule can and will be locked or deleted without notice. Any attempts to conceal that these activities occurred on public roadways will not be tolerated. For more information regarding this rule please click the following link to read the Expansion on the No Street Racing/Drifting Rule.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,630 Posts
I've never cared about how fast my 89 Supercharged MR2 is. It's plenty fast enough for me to have a huge grin on my face as I enjoy driving it. :D

·
Registered
MR2 3.3TT
202 Posts
You'll have more fun with it if you build it to be fast around corners, and run it on a track with more that a straight line. Building these for drag racing is kind of a waste of potential IMO, but to each their own.

My guess is you'll need 500 to 600HP at the crank in a mk1 to see the numbers you are talking about.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,630 Posts
I love having fun in the mountains and the MR2 is naturally a great handling car. I've upgrading my suspension, wheels and tires and I have a great time whipping around the mountains of Oregon and Washington. I personally could care less about super high HP as it seems like a waste for a street car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts