Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Well I guess this is my next DIY for me. I guess the trouble for me is to cut the film out for the windows from the roll. At the very most, I could just remove the windows from the car and tint from there. rear Windshield probably would be the problematic to cut and apply.

I do have a lot of cars, could try test on one of them before doing others lol.

·
イリジウム
11,647 Posts
One thing is that I doubt top manufacturers are going to sell you their premium films directly, so it's likely limited to the cheap dyed stuff. Looks like eBay has it full-car for $57 or so per car.

Plenty of brands out there overall, but 3M has a good reputation with plastic films and adhesives just from everyday use of their various products. So I prefer non-dye films like 3M Color Stable, Ceramic or Cystalline.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
One thing is that I doubt top manufacturers are going to sell you their premium films directly, so it's likely limited to the cheap dyed stuff. Looks like eBay has it full-car for $57 or so per car.

Plenty of brands out there overall, but 3M has a good reputation with plastic films and adhesives just from everyday use of their various products. So I prefer non-dye films like 3M Color Stable, Ceramic or Cystalline.
Yep thats what I was thinking. I'm afraid everything out there for consumer will be consumer grade junk. I rather pay top dollars for high quality grade tint that will outlast my car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeh color stable is a good film. Pretty easy to work with too. Biggest thing with rear window is cut it a lil big all around window and heat shrink it just take your time and then once its conformed trim it to shape on glass. Just remeber to cut and trim film with plastic( sticky side out toward u) so that once its cut to shape when u peal plastic off and apply its to that window shape. If done wrong at least u could use it for the other side but still make sure sticky side is out when hand cutting

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do it right the first time. Even if you successfully apply window tint film to your vehicle's windows, you may not do so perfectly. ... Removing window film is much more difficult than applying it, due in part to the sticky adhesive used to apply it to the auto glass.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do it right the first time. Even if you successfully apply window tint film to your vehicle's windows, you may not do so perfectly. ... Removing window film is much more difficult than applying it, due in part to the sticky adhesive used to apply it to the auto glass.

paint protection milwaukee

Def agree with this. I hate removing old tint at work. Tint comes off ok but the glue is the worst part. Then if your re tinting it you always seem to find that tiny piece you forgot around the seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts

After paying $750 to have my Sienna done I thought I'd try finding some ceramic tinting rolls and had no luck at all. Sure cuts back on the heat though and I'm really glad to have done the windshield and sunroof too.

By the way, what is "irijiumu"?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts