Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the toll-free number on the quart bottle of full synthetic private label gear oil, 75W-90. I wanted to know ( before I read it on here ) if the oil already had the friction modifiers. It does.

So what I found out from the tech rep:

1. It DOES have the modifiers added, no further adds are necessary.

2. The oil is made by Amalie for the last 6 years or so, and they have a rep for making high quality lubes.

Have at it.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Amalie does not actually "make" the products they sell, they are a blender and packager. Not that there is anything wrong with that, since a lot of companies don't refine their own base stocks and lubrication products (including Valvoline, who exited the refining business years ago).

Here is a statement from the Amalie website:

"Amalie Oil Company is North America's largest privately held independent blender of motor oils and industrial lubricants"

By independent, they mean they don't own any exploration or refining capability. By privately held, they mean that their stock is not traded on a major stock exchange (or may not be traded at all).

·
Registered
276 Posts
There has been rumors that it depends on what region youre in as to who is blending Carquest oils. I know for years that ashland oil was blending it, now in the south east amalie is blending it, however I don't know if that is nationwide.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
6,179 Posts
"Amalie Oil Company is North America's largest privately held independent blender of motor oils and industrial lubricants"

By independent, they mean they don't own any exploration or refining capability.

·
6,179 Posts
Warren Oil Company, LLC holds the distinction of having the largest number of American Petroleum Institute engine oil licenses and certifications. Warren Companies manufacture and package lubricants under several proprietary registered trademarks; e.g., Warren, Lubriguard, Autoguard, Itasca, Coastal, LubriGold and Saxon. Additionally, Warren manufacturers and packages automotive, truck and small engine lubricants for several large corporations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts