Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mind advising anyone in repairs. But my strongest advise that could be given is go by Toyota's Manufacturer's Manual. It gives all information a Toyota Technician is given. Like I said to MR2BAD, I recommend getting a manual so you can know every step required by Toyota. Whether you chose to do that step is up to you, but atleast you know what your skipping. As for me. I printed this manual to paper and i put every page in a sleeve. All 900 something pages. Some pages have stickies saying "Bag 10 Trans Pan Bolts Count 13." And there is a ziplock bag that reads the same. Cause thats how serious I take my car. And i keep a manual on a laptop as well a spare cd. I want to offer the same chance since no one seems to have this manual. This is wha I offer.

Two Complete Manuals In PDF Format (Adobe)

Standard Repair

Electrical Wiring Diagrams.

I Got the CD
I got it for like 30.00 w/ shipping on ebay. Cause we're community I will be willing to copy and distribute for much much cheaper.
Since any of my laptops don't have a burner i will have to check w/ a friend and i'll get back on the price but i'm thinking 10.00 including shipping. Depending on cd cost and adverage shipping.

PayPal only. If your not too trusting on my convictions I will be willing to set up a private ebay auction for you.

I will respond to this informing you on the final price. When I do i will drop an email. and if you interested.

I use this manual for everything... no matter how small... just to make sure i don't miss anything. The people selling this on ebay go for around the same price. But you won't know what your getting. Imma guarantee this. Its wha I have and wha i use.

Let me know... and i'll let you know

·
Registered
48 Posts
tHa kNiGHt FaLL said:
I don't mind advising anyone in repairs. But my strongest advise that could be given is go by Toyota's Manufacturer's Manual. It gives all information a Toyota Technician is given. Like I said to MR2BAD, I recommend getting a manual so you can know every step required by Toyota. Whether you chose to do that step is up to you, but atleast you know what your skipping. As for me. I printed this manual to paper and i put every page in a sleeve. All 900 something pages. Some pages have stickies saying "Bag 10 Trans Pan Bolts Count 13." And there is a ziplock bag that reads the same. Cause thats how serious I take my car. And i keep a manual on a laptop as well a spare cd. I want to offer the same chance since no one seems to have this manual. This is wha I offer.

Two Complete Manuals In PDF Format (Adobe)

Standard Repair

Electrical Wiring Diagrams.

I Got the CD
I got it for like 30.00 w/ shipping on ebay. Cause we're community I will be willing to copy and distribute for much much cheaper.
Since any of my laptops don't have a burner i will have to check w/ a friend and i'll get back on the price but i'm thinking 10.00 including shipping. Depending on cd cost and adverage shipping.

PayPal only. If your not too trusting on my convictions I will be willing to set up a private ebay auction for you.

I will respond to this informing you on the final price. When I do i will drop an email. and if you interested.

I use this manual for everything... no matter how small... just to make sure i don't miss anything. The people selling this on ebay go for around the same price. But you won't know what your getting. Imma guarantee this. Its wha I have and wha i use.

Let me know... and i'll let you know
What is the quality of these pages?
there's an online BGB Manual
http://www.mr2-tech.com/bgb/mechanical/index_mechanical.htm

How does your manual compare? Can you send me a sample page or two?

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its the same manual...

i didn't know it was online... the only difference is the menu and reference set up. in mine its alot easier to seperate and navigate thru the menu's... that one is too general... mine is more specific.

i didn't know its online... but me personally i have a seperate laptop for car and manuals... i can take it out to my garage if i have to. and being able to check it out w/o having to be connected to the internet

mine is the direct manual from the factory... not an ameteur published version. if your still interested let me kno. i'm only gonna charge cd price and shipping...

·
Rockin the STi
MR2 Turbo
1,557 Posts
I don't understand why you are selling this when the complete BGB is online and contains everything one would need to do any work on their car.

yours would only be more specific if you added information to this guide. The guide online is the one exactly from Toyota.

i'd also make sure you aren't breaking any copy infringement laws by making copies and selling them for a profit. That is illegal in most cases. If you gave them away for free then it wouldn't be illegal, but making profit i believe is illegal

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
onehotcamry said:
I don't understand why you are selling this when the complete BGB is online and contains everything one would need to do any work on their car.

yours would only be more specific if you added information to this guide. The guide online is the one exactly from Toyota.

i'd also make sure you aren't breaking any copy infringement laws by making copies and selling them for a profit. That is illegal in most cases. If you gave them away for free then it wouldn't be illegal, but making profit i believe is illegal

i could careless about a copyright law... the people who mass produce and sell them by the hundreds on ebay i think would have something more to worry about...

and if you read correctly in my second post... i didn't know that this manual was online. i was just trying to give other people technical reading information on this car who might not have it.

he asked me if there was a difference i said yes, the navigation menu's are easier in mine.

also you don't have to be connected to the internet to view it.

thats it... i'm not trying to take anyone's dollar. god knows how hard you gotta work to get it

·
Rockin the STi
MR2 Turbo
1,557 Posts
it wasn't my intention to give you a hard time. I'm just confused why you are still trying to sell it when the same one is online. The menu isn't really difficult. You choose what you want and it takes you to it.

But good luck with the sale

·
Young At Heart
1993 Mr2
463 Posts
kewl

I dunno why u guys are all raggin' on him. Sure the manual is online, but this would give you the ability to see the pages in an order without having to wait for the pages to pop up.... ability to print them out, and set them in your car if u wish, and he isn't trying to make a profit off of this... he is selling the copies for the price he had to pay for the cd or dvd plus shipping..... their is no profit in that whatsoever, and if u ask me, it is a royal pain in the ars to do all this work for basically nothing. If anything I like the suggestion.

·
Rockin the STi
MR2 Turbo
1,557 Posts
Zz_005_zZ said:
I dunno why u guys are all raggin' on him. Sure the manual is online, but this would give you the ability to see the pages in an order without having to wait for the pages to pop up.... ability to print them out, and set them in your car if u wish, and he isn't trying to make a profit off of this... he is selling the copies for the price he had to pay for the cd or dvd plus shipping..... their is no profit in that whatsoever, and if u ask me, it is a royal pain in the ars to do all this work for basically nothing. If anything I like the suggestion.

um it's in pfd format i believe so once you have it open, all the pages are accessible right away. If you have a printer you can print whatever is on your screen lol......

I never said anything about profit. I merely stated that it is online so I don't see the benifits of paying for it and the time spent was somewhat in vain since it's already there...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts