Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade hardware when the time comes to replace. Might be sooner, could be a year from now.

Also, what springs are you using?

2006 Corolla xrs
Progress rear sway bar
DC Sports front strut bar

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 Limited AW
694 Posts
I had Bilsteins on my 2006 LE. They raised the rear an inch. Hated the look but the car was on rails. My 2008 S has the bilstein lowering set
Shocks and springs. B12-pro-kit

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
B12? It lists B6 on andysport.com.

How long did you have them on your Rolla? Thinking of using this setup along with lowering springs. Due to budget, looking to get money's worth on this setup.

·
Senior TN Member
Porsche
7,508 Posts
Looks like B8 dampers with lowering-springs added. These have shorter stroke for lowering springs along with slightly stiffer-damping for reduced travel.

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 Limited AW
694 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool. I saw in one YouTube video where it was mentioned that the front struts had to be cut in the front and rear strut body.

Did you need to make this mod as well?

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 Limited AW
694 Posts
Cool. I saw in one YouTube video where it was mentioned that the front struts had to be cut in the front and rear strut body.

I can't speak of an XRS but it just dropped in like OEM.
Can you link video? Sounds fishy to me....

·
Senior TN Member
Porsche
7,508 Posts

Not body, but the spindle clamp ear corners need minor trimming.

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 Limited AW
694 Posts
They just popped in for me. No trimming. Dont know anything about xrs. The guy says hes the only one in the country running them. I think he smoked too much crack lol I think the XRS is lowered a little so i am guessing if you put the HD bilsteins on, it may raise it a little because those HD's are stiff

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 Limited AW
694 Posts
The normal bilsteins were on my 2006 LE 140,000 miles and still going strong. I just put the B12 kit on my 2008S so very little miles

·
Senior TN Member
Porsche
7,508 Posts
Bilsteins are some of best dampers available. For models that don't have direct replacement, I use their inserts and build my own struts for them. Some zips with TIG and we're done!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bilsteins are some of best dampers available. For models that don't have direct replacement, I use their inserts and build my own struts for them. Some zips with TIG and we're done!

@DannoXYZ, you do very great work. I'd love to do something like the work you do, but sadly, no welding skill to speak of.

I learned that Bilstein will sell a set with eibach lowering springs. Don't think it's worth it though. B12 and B14 looks great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently installed Bilsteins B12 kit on my 2007 Corolla CE. The B12 kit consist of Bilstein B8 dampers (same valving as B6 dampers but shorter stroke) and Eibach Pro-kit. Got the kit from RockAuto.

Let me know if I can help.

·
Senior TN Member
Porsche
7,508 Posts
B8 dampers in B12 kit have about +5-10% stiffer damping than B6 to match higher rates of lowering springs and shorter stroke.

·
Senior TN Member
Porsche
7,508 Posts
@DannoXYZ, you do very great work. I'd love to do something like the work you do, but sadly, no welding skill to speak of.

I learned that Bilstein will sell a set with eibach lowering springs. Don't think it's worth it though. B12 and B14 looks great.
Yeah, just start with B6 for now. Then if you really want to lower car later, go with Ground Control coilover conversion (comes with Eibach springs). Then you can pick exact spring-rate you want.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts