Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up some replacement bulbs from pep boys. There made by pilot. I was so pist to discover they are 10X dimmer than the OEM bulbs. Is there a better brand?

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
I'm not "the one," but I did change mine. Most LEDs are going to be dimmer than their incandescent counterpart. Mine are really dim, but I just did mine so I would never have to change them again and they look really cool. I don't think there's any way to get around your maplights and dome light being dimmer than stock.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i JUST ORDERed from frickinbrite.com . I got

2 x PAIR 194 SUPER HID WHITE 6 LED () = $15.98
1 x HID WHITE 9 LED DOME LIGHT 3022 3021 3175 6428 6430 () = $6.99
1 x TOYOTA TACOMA 3RD BRAKE LIGHT 3 PK RED 5 LED 194 () = $12.49
1 x 2 SUPER HID WHITE 9 LED 921 912 () = $9.99

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
Mine are nowhere near as bright as the stock bulbs, they just give a cool blue/white glow in the cab. Mine are all Superbrightleds.com:

2 x 194
1 x 3022 9 led dome

Plus I got all my turn signals, brake lights, 3rd brake lights, tag lights, and corner markers. My dome light is pretty bright, but nowhere near stock. I think it's just something you'll have to live with if you want LEDs.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I picked up a 3 led blue dome bulb off ebay for like 11 shipped. It gives off plenty of light to get in and out of the cab with. The blue looks pretty kool (IMHO) with the indigo paint.

I'm looking for a good and bright red 194 to replace one of the map lights with. Night vision on one side (gitten old, my eyes aint that good no more) when needed and stock on the other to read by.

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
Could you give me a link to the dome light you ordered? Is it the 10mmx44mm? I ordered a 3022 from superbrightleds.com and the festoon contacts are too close together. It barely stays in the housing.

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
I put LED's in the taillights/brakelights of the Maxima I used to own. Almost got run over twice in one day because other drivers couldn't see them when the sun was shining. Threw them in the garbage the very same day. They were the JamStrait 9-LED bulbs.

That was about four years ago. Have they gotten any better/brighter?

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
1slktoy: Thanks for the link, I needed to see the right size, I just ordered the 2 led high power bulb from that seller in xenon white.

10SE: Mine are 25 led bulbs. 19 facing straight out and 6 radially mounted to take advantage of the reflectors in the housings. In the sun they're not as bright as stock, but they are pretty bright and look really cool at night, same for the turn signals. I have an idea on how to make my turns brighter though. I'll post it up if it works.

·
Registered
06 Taco D.C. Sport
1,370 Posts
10SE said:
I put LED's in the taillights/brakelights of the Maxima I used to own. Almost got run over twice in one day because other drivers couldn't see them when the sun was shining. Threw them in the garbage the very same day. They were the JamStrait 9-LED bulbs.

That was about four years ago. Have they gotten any better/brighter?
that must have been some scary s%&#. a few manufaturers use led tail ights as you can see on the cars but they make sure that they are visible in all conditions.

·
lookin for an ass race?
2006 Tacoma DBL Cab
59 Posts
lotust said:
i JUST ORDERed from frickinbrite.com . I got

2 x PAIR 194 SUPER HID WHITE 6 LED () = $15.98
1 x HID WHITE 9 LED DOME LIGHT 3022 3021 3175 6428 6430 () = $6.99
1 x TOYOTA TACOMA 3RD BRAKE LIGHT 3 PK RED 5 LED 194 () = $12.49
Post some pics when you get them installed sounds like it should look really cool

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
05TRDOffRoad said:

What's this one for? Reverse?

I will post some pics when I get them. The seller is super fast. In like 8 hours I had a USPS tracking #.

2006 TOYOTA Tacoma

High & low beam headlamp
9003ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9003XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: Up to 30% Brighter
9003CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal

Parking light
4157NALL
4157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Front turn signal
4157NALL
4157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Rear turn signal
3157A
3157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style
3157NALL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Tail light
3157LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Stop light
3157LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

High mount stop light

Fog/Driving light
9145ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

License plate

Back up light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker

Map light

Dome light
DE3022

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
How bright are your LED reverse lights? I didn't buy any because I thought they'd be really dim. I'm planning on getting a pair of xenon white 886 bulbs and cutting them to fit in the factory housing. They're 55W so they should be plenty bright.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you get the ones for the reverse lights, don't get the ones that have all the led's on the

very front like this one: You need some that has the led's on the sides, which I have not been able to find. I got the ones like in the pic above and they suck because our reverse light housing has mirrors on the sides that project the light back.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Matt's06xrunner said:
If you get the ones for the reverse lights, don't get the ones that have all the led's on the

very front like this one: You need some that has the led's on the sides, which I have not been able to find. I got the ones like in the pic above and they suck because our reverse light housing has mirrors on the sides that project the light back.

LOL too late... your 100% right. All the bulbs I got look great but the reverse LEDs I wasted my money on them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got those stupid pilot lights also from pep boys for my licence plate lites and they sucks. THey are very dimm and way too blue. THey say white on the package not blue. I ordered some white 1 watt leds from superbriteled.com today. I will post the update when I get them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts