Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WHOA i felt so alone... (a new ae92)

hi, im new. and i would just like to say thank you.

holy shit. i felt so left out on club4ag.com... i totally forgot about this place. i had an AW11 and this was the first forum i joined.

my car history kinda goes like this... i got an 1983 Celica GT for my birthday/christmas from my uncle... because i was his favorite nephew. damn thing had 300k on it but still ran alright!!! LOL. i sold that and got an 86 MR2 from my dad's friend for 400! it had 230k on it but it still ran alright as well! after gaining 60 lbs. from working out for football and almost not being able to reach over to grab the seatbelt... i decided to get a bigger car.

i sold that AW11 for a 93 Integ LS because of the extra 2 seats... they come in handy.

now... i have my 1988 Corolla GT-S i picked up a few months ago.

here are some pics...

BEFORE I GOT IT.

work in progress:

i had a tint appointment today and will be getting that old 15 year old one removed and will be putting on a full limo on the back 3. i have a set of Ronal R9's coming in that are all red.. but i'll be painting them myself white with a red lip (sexi, no?). i have a K&N air filter, a high flow cat, and new piping (no muffler and headers yet).

the problem is, is that they are wrapped with 225 50 16's
(yes the rims are 16"s) they were FREE from my uncle that bought them for his AW11 and are almost brand new, so i'll run them for now because my tires are very worn down.

as for getting an ae92? i wanted to get one ever since i drove my dad's.

my girlfriend was actually the one that found my dad's. she thought it was "pretty". and i was like...
"so what is it?"
i dont know, but its a corolla.
"does it have pop-up headlights? like in the hood?"
yeah it does.

at that point i thought it was, of course, an ae86, totally forgetting about the ae92... but once i saw it i really did like it a lot. it's a beautiful car. my dad is the second owner of that very cherry 88' Corolla GT-S in dark grey, it had 119k original miles on the motor. after driving that a while i decided to sell my integ and get an ae92.

well that's the history of my ae92. just glad to see other people with the underestimated corollas... parts are so scarce on club4ag.com.

oh, and here are some PARTS I WTB:
JDM Zenki or Kouki w/combo lights front bumper
front seats (any kind)
dash
performance headers
performance cam gears (pref. 264... maaaybe 286)
intake adaptor (need one for me, my dad forced me to sell him mine...)

THX for reading, late.

-jayb

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
damn...that car's in great condition. yay for your girl finding it :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
YACK. correction. she found my dad's... here's a pic of his.

well... it'll be up once we-todd.com adds this site to their "allow" list.

like i said... mint condition.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol the pics are up now... thx to we-todd-did-racing.com

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
lol ya i was on club4ag but nothing good happends on that fourm and i moved to TN:)

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
Wow! Those are some really clean AE92s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts