Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing to order a whole valve cover and gasket for my daughter's 2007 camry. In terms of price, who do you guys recommend to order from?

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,458 Posts
Dealership or parts website that a dealership sells parts through.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Are you doing the installation? I would go to a u-pull yard and pick one yourself. It would give you some practice, ensure you get the right part, and probably wouldn't cost more than $20 for the bare cover. New gaskets are another $15 and can be had from Amazon.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,702 Posts
Welcome to the site bigtex.

Those are EXPENSIVE when ordering new OEM. I assume you are talking I4, since you only indicated "a" valve cover. Not knowing what your trim is, I looked up a 2007 LE 2.4L and got part number 11201-28033. Over $330 at the place I tend to order from (McGeorge Toyota).

Head there, put in your proper Camry info, get the part number. Then shop around, looking for best price. get used if you can - as long as it is not badly varnished or fouled along the rim, no need to get new. But you do need to be sure it is not gouged around the rim or warped. Look for a wrcker on eBay and see if you an get it there.

Why do you need a new valve cover, if I may ask?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Try Camelback Toyota. I shop there first for OEM parts because I've found that their prices have always been very competitive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts