Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that the LS was gonna be the first car with LED headlights? WHat happened?

·
Registered
1999 Lexus GS300
76 Posts
Not to sure about the headlights but I got to drive one the day before XMAS. A friends dad owns the local Lexus dealership and we got to test drive the first one. Its a heavy ass car thats all I have to say. Total luxury not much of a sporty feel, but its a hell of a nice car! The self parking feature is a pain in the ass to work.

·
Registered
Scion tC
66 Posts
I just saw the 08 600h at our annual meeting today. it is a really nice car. they also had some tundras out and the fuse concept and some random xb.

·
Registered
91 Camry V6 LE
361 Posts
Damn i think so not the 460 theirs the hybrid the 600h that has the LED light and they have a massager in the back

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drove a LS460 a the Lexus drive in Chicago. Nice car. They were using pre-production cars and had the S550 and the BMW 7 series for comparisons. The LS is a sweet drive and makes the BMW look ancient. The MB has some competition. Something was going on with one of the pre-prods. They kept pulling up the rear seat and fiddling with something underneath the seat on what appeared to be the driver's side. All in all, the car is nice and maybe not so pedestrian looking.

Funny story, my boss has an LS430. He used to be strictly a Mercedes man but lived next door to a dealer principle. He ended up buying the LS and an SC. Anyway, he went in for service and they were going to nick him for $400 for the two gas rods that keep the trunk lid up. While he was there, he put a deposit on a new LS460L. He went back to service and ended up with a N/C on the gas rods, something about "good faith" warranty. Now they're calling him twice a week to take a stock car which he doesn't want. Face it, car salesman are just about the lowest form of life.

It's really funny because he runs a $4B corporation and STILL has to deal with chumps like the rest of us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts