Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
"Silver Streakin"
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who's running these, how are they holding up and how do you like them/would you buy them again.

Thanks,
turfdoc

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
:hi: i do. i personally like the look of them. back when i was deciding which tire to get, after doing a really long search, i was picking between the terra grapplers, the BFG AT KOs, and the cooper discoverer STTs. then when it came down to it, i just went ahead with the nittos. plus they came out to like $30/tire cheaper than the others.

having them for about a year, i have no complaints. i didnt have any problems in the rain, snow, and minimal mud. i honestly would have to wait to see how long these tires last, before deciding if i would get them again.

·
05 TRD Sport Tacoma
755 Posts
Hey Lan...speaking of Nittos...what ever happened to Flux?

·
Back to Gillwell
140 Posts
I have the Terra Grapplers now for about 10K miles. Very aggressive and they hold the road very well

·
Shit happens
252 Posts
I got them, but so far for only 3 days and maybe 50 miles? But they feel good, nice and quiet. More aggressive looking than most A/T's (to me). And they were priced good.

·
"Silver Streakin"
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the replies so far, next question, are they quiet at highway speeds??

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies so far, next question, are they quiet at highway speeds??
definately YES. very quiet. i can't tell the difference to when ii had stock tires on.

·
Wherever I May Roam
221 Posts
Anyone running 265/75/16s on a TSB (otherwise stock) suspension?

·
05 TRD Sport Tacoma
755 Posts

·
"Silver Streakin"
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All I've heard about these are good things. I should have bought a set when 4wheel had them for $109/tire!!! :cursin:
Discount Tire direct has the D load range tire for $128.00/tire with free shipping.:thumbup:

turfdoc

·
Wherever I May Roam
221 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
285-60-18 T/G's here and I don't care for them. Might just be the wrong size configuration because others seem to love them. Mine hydroplane like crazy and the snow traction was not good at all. I currently have about 6k miles on mine. I am switching to a completely new setup. Going to 16" wheels and more than likely BFG's.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had narrowed it down to the BFG A/T and the Terra Grapler. The dude at Discount Tire did not recommend the Nittos because he said they will cup easily. I don't know if he was for real or not but I went with the BFGs since he had nothing but good things to say about those. I was leaning a little towards the BFGs anyway but imagine he was inclined to recommend whatever they made the most money on.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts