Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate it..... its so ugly. any of you guys take it off? how often do you get pulled over, and is it sumtin you can get fined for?

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
:hi: yeah i did, some where around a year ago, so far iv only gotten pulled over once, i didnt get fined for it, but yeah you can get fined for it....at least here in CA

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
Big time. Especially in Mass. And they don't pass you for inspection. :(
Burlington, Lexington and Bedford cops are pretty strict with those things.

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dam.... do you know how much the fine is? i'd slap it bakc on for inspection but i just dont like having a big ugly liscnece plate on the front. i wish we had smaller cleaner looking plates like europeans do. theirs look so much better

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Not me!

Why?

Because there is NOTHING on my car that a cop could nitpick.

I have been driving for a few years and have never even been pulled over. I would like to keep it that way. This way, when I speed or do something rash, the cop see's a gold Camry with steel wheels and no external mods - perfect :nana:

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah me too... ridin on steelies with a totallly stock look. i just try to keep my cam lookin clean as possible, and the liscence plate doesnt look too good

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
kenratboy said:
This way, when I speed or do something rash, the cop see's a gold Camry with steel wheels and no external mods - perfect :nana:
well thats just not fun, i like to see just how much stuff the cops can find...kinda like Wheres Waldo? and then laugh when they miss something:lol:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
prnc_chrmng said:
well thats just not fun, i like to see just how much stuff the cops can find...kinda like Wheres Waldo? and then laugh when they miss something:lol:
LOL! Not my idea of a good time :hammer:

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
seriously, keep it on....it's just less stress....but by the same token, if you have a stock looking car, they probably won't bother you....but if you're modded, they know that you did it on purpose, so they'll pull you over....

I had mine off for over a year, got pulled over twice, got one ticket for $100 and decided to slap my plate back on, but not on the stock location tho....

there are a lot of cops in TO, and even if they don't pull you over, it's just unneeded stress

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Xevuhtess77 said:
hmm ok. since i guess they do notice it ill just leave it on.
Some cops just 'notice' this stuff - if one does not, the other one might.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Toysrme said:
Hahahahaha yall have to have front plates and emession testing.

hahahahahaha loosers.
:werd: :p:

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
I had no front plate on her ein CT for 4 years, finally decided to put it on after reading my town paper that the cops gave out like 15 tix for $95 the day before to people not having them on. Plate went on next time I went outside! Don't feel like no darn ticket, :(

·
The terrorist
1990 Corolla SR5
3,058 Posts
I used the excuse "My car just got painted" for a few months until I got an officer to put my plates down on the computer. The next time I got pulled over the cop called me on my bluff and told me to put the plate on or I'll get a ticket for sure next time!!

·
Registered
1991 Celica GTS
125 Posts
Toysrme said:
Hahahahaha yall have to have front plates and emession testing.

hahahahahaha loosers.
No doubt! I am soooo glad that those laws don't apply here in tennessee!

It must be like a big kick to the balls for you all that do have them. kinda like this....

:nutkick:

·
Banned
352 Posts
how is it stressfull , who cares if u get pulled over just adds some more excitement to the day or nite most cops aint gonna pull u over for just that

·
Banned
352 Posts
and yea im kinda glad i dont live in tennesse even thougth it aint that strict:bukkake:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts