Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if this is a forum-wide problem, or if it is just me, but when I try to look at previous posts by a user (identified by clicking on the user name in the left-hand column) I get the following message:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/search.php on this server."

I never had this occur in the past and I have often searched for and found previous posts by a user. What's up?

Robert N.

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Ltd
1,299 Posts
I just tried it and it works. Maybe it was a temporary bug. If you still have trouble something must have changed on your computer. Might try deleting cookies.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just tried it and it works. Maybe it was a temporary bug. If you still have trouble something must have changed on your computer. Might try deleting cookies.
Thanks for trying, arh. It is still the same after deleting the cookies for the forum. I can't search for previous posts in Firefox and Chrome on my computer and also on my iPad. I am able to search the forum by using the Search This Forum box as usual, but the search for posts by clicking on the username in the left column always results in the error message, although I can view the public profile of the user.

Robert N.

·
Registered
2021 Camry SE-2009 Camry V6
1,381 Posts
I don't know if this is a forum-wide problem, or if it is just me, but when I try to look at previous posts by a user (identified by clicking on the user name in the left-hand column) I get the following message:

"Forbidden

I never had this occur in the past and I have often searched for and found previous posts by a user. What's up?

Robert N.
I've been getting the exact same message for well over a month when I try to access my prior posts under the "statistics" tab of my profile:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/search.php on this server.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=136661

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It happened to me before and I logged out and then back in and it fixed it.
Unfortunately, signing out and then back in again, clearing the cache and deleting cookies did not solve the problem. I previously had sent a personal message to a Moderator, who said he couldn't resolve the issue and that would send it to the Administrator, but I never heard back. :crying:

Robert N.

·
PJSMITH
1,678 Posts
Unfortunately, signing out and then back in again, clearing the cache and deleting cookies did not solve the problem. I previously had sent a personal message to a Moderator, who said he couldn't resolve the issue and that would send it to the Administrator, but I never heard back. :crying:

Robert N.
What version of windows and what browser do you use?

·
PJSMITH
1,678 Posts
WIN 7 used to have a compatibility mode that another forum used to make a similar problem work with IE 10.0
There are display modes? Linear and hybrid? in the banner.
I don't have the problem so can't really find a help.

Also I have had zero help from the moderators. Maybe an admin might catch this and give some help. I'd also repeat the request a couple of times.

Phil

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What version of windows and what browser do you use?
I use Windows 7 and the problem is present in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. It is also present on my iPad running iOS 10.2.1 with Safari as the browser. Also, in the past I had no problem at all searching for past posts by members by clicking on the username in the left-hand column of the forum page.. This is new in the past month or so, with no changes in software or equipment at my end. It's really no big deal, but it is irritating.

Robert N.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,292 Posts

"Forbidden

Robert N.
Always check the Site Issue Forum to report on problems you encounter or else to find resolutions for known issues. There are two threads already on this issue, which is a system wide glitch. Makes my job a pain in the butt trying to eliminate spammers and whatnot. Anyway, for future reference, here's a link to the Site Issue Forum:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/39-toyota-nation-site-issue-forum/

·
Registered
2014 HL XLE AWD
2,320 Posts
My general forum search works. I am referring to clicking on a poster's username in the left-most column of the forum page and then choosing "Find more posts by....". Does that work for you?
As mentioned, been reported in "site issues". FYI..When I click on your user name..find more posts etc also gets me..Forbidden notice. :wink: Have patience!

·
PJSMITH
1,678 Posts
My general forum search works. I am referring to clicking on a poster's username in the left-most column of the forum page and then choosing "Find more posts by....". Does that work for you?

Robert N.
Noted with your instruction. It's fubar

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.