Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering, why won't Toyota have manuel available for the SE V6 instead of only I-4? I bet the SE V6 will be a beast with manuel for sure. Also not to mention, fun fun fun. :D

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
I was thinking about buying an 05 se v6 and then swapping the e153 trans to it. Anyone see any problems with that besides the ecu?

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
^^ I agree... And now that they're going more for the sports sedan image... making it manual V6 would really attract young buyers IMO.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
With a manual the v6 would be lots of damn fun. That shit would be sick. I think manuals belong more in V6s and I-4s. To me it's kinda backward thinking the other way around. But then again it all comes back to profits and making money.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
dna59 said:
With a manual the v6 would be lots of damn fun. That shit would be sick. I think manuals belong more in V6s and I-4s. To me it's kinda backward thinking the other way around. But then again it all comes back to profits and making money.
if anything I4's should be manual and V6's automatic, seeing as how the auto robs so much power compared the the standard. I4's need all the power they can get

·
Registered
99 Toyota Camry V6
613 Posts
When i bought my 5 speed v6 Camry i didnt even know they existed. I went to the dealership to look at the new Celica GT-S and saw my car just sitting there. It was the last 99 on the lot, all the rest were the new 2000 models. I only paid $20,500 for it out the door with a sticker of over $23,000.

Basically what im saying is that they dont sell the manuals very well. Toyota doesnt market them like Nissan does with the Maxima so people interested in manual trannied sedans dont even know they exist. Im sure if they gave it 250+ hp and marketed the car with a sportier image it would sell a little better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got my 2.4 SE at a great price because the dealer could not sell it. Not a lot of Camry families wanting to work that hard to drive to the store and soccer practices. Personnaly I would love a Camry V6 manual!

Nissan has the V6 in a manual tranny. Anyone driven that Altima?

·
Diablo
05 Altima SER+93 Cam
353 Posts
It was hard as hell finding my V6 5sp Altima.. People were on a waiting list for months to get one. I luckily stumbled on mine 4 states away and had to have it. I think the Camry/Solora would ne hot in v6-5sp form. My friend just bought a dark blue SE-5sp Camry with gun metal rims and I love the car, but it would've been so much more better in V6 form...

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
but all toyota cares about right now is beating ford. ford doesn'thave a 5spd taurus, so why should they make a 5spd V6 camry.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Same stupid questions, just in different forms:rolleyes:

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
922 Posts
GaviN said:
I think they should put manual's back in the V6's.
I recall when manual was standard equipment and automatic was an option. Nowadays it seems that it's the other way around.

02RSX90camry said:
but all toyota cares about right now is beating ford. ford doesn'thave a 5spd taurus, so why should they make a 5spd V6 camry.
...ummm, maybe because 5speed is better?????:D

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
^^^ true that, we need a revival of the manuals

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
922 Posts
^^^
Sounds like we should send a online petition to Toyota, huh?

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
haha go right ahead , maybe they'll listen:rolleyes:

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
02RSX90camry said:
wtf are you talking about. Toyota surpassed Ford in early 2004 officially (and late 2003 on what is now assumed to be wrong info.). Toyota is the second big 3 in america....after gm. I know cus in addition to being a enthusiast i'm a TM stock holder!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts