Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i was on my way home tonite and someone cut me off so naturally i held my horn down in frustration.

When i arrived to pick my brother up i honked the horn....but this time it sounded much different.

Instead of a normal sounding horn on a Gen5, it now sounds like a loud high pitched version, kinda like a novelty horn. Or to make it easier to understand, think of a Gen2 Camry or 80's imports.

I dont know what happend anyone have an idea?

·
Dominican Republic
Camry LE
435 Posts
Did you try it again after that, maybe its out of tune, If you look at the back of them, you will see philips head screws, those you can adjust the to the pitch you like.

·
Registered
toyota camry
652 Posts
i have had that a coupld of times.
not sure about othercars..but there are two horn on the Gen5.
maybe the way or area in which you pressed the horn
activated the hi without the low.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm not sure on our cars (my wife is out with it), but most have a dual note horn. There are two horns - one for each note. The lower pitched one on yours may have crapped out. Look somewhere behind the grill - there will probably be two black round things about 3-4" across. They are the horns. Don't know how to tell which is the high or low note. You could unplug them one at a time until you kill the working one to narrow it down.

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i went out and just got back in, and the horn went back to normal. And i think it was the High end that was out of wack, the low end still worked.

So i dont know, maybe it was a freak thing

·
Registered
Camry
6,944 Posts
BrianOwens said:
:lol: humans can only hear frequencies up to 22KHz..... 440Mhz is not even audible not even dogs can hear that.....hell that would interfere with some cell phones.
I doubt it. Cell phones operate at 850/1900 MHz and they are EM waves. Sound OTOH are air bursts so it probably would not interfere.

Avalonman said:
Where are the horns located? On an 02'
On a 02 Camry, one horn is right behind the grill. Should look like a circular or snail looking thing with an opening at the bottom. The other one is behind the driver side head light or bumper.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,385 Posts
on a 2005 camry le they are mounted right under the grill if u lift the hood up they will be mounted off the radeator

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.