Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not trolling. I don't own either, but am considering both. From my research each seems to have their plusses and minuses, but I'm wondering why YOU made the choice you did and/or if you ever even considered the other option.

I'm interested in quad-cab models only, if that makes a difference.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
I never even considered the Frontier. One look at the Tacoma and I was hooked. End of story.

·
Insitu Taco
06 Taco D-Cab Sport
463 Posts
I'll admit that I looked at the nissan... coming form an 01 Xterra, I knew that they were maintenance free...

MAIN REASON:
1. I think the Taco looks better than the Frontier
2. The Frontier would barely fit in my garage (I think it's the same length of the LB Taco)

That's about it. Somebody once told me that Nissan is the poor man's toyota...

·
Registered
06 Taco D.C. Sport
1,370 Posts
not considered frontier. i also think the toyota is a better look.
the other day i was driving on the freeway with my chick and she said that a guy in the a new frontier was checking out my truck, i told her he either wishes he had this truck or is loking at it and saying its ugly. whatever it is i dont like the frontier.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Sport, 2WD
96 Posts
Looking from the front of a nissan truck/suv, i always wonder...

Is that a Frontier / Titan / Pathfinder / Amada / Exterra ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

hopefully you get my point.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma AC 4x4
217 Posts
I first test drove a Frontier before driving a Tacoma, and to me the Frontier seemed not as well built. I also think the Tacoma is a better looking truck.

·
My Other Truck
4,258 Posts
GreenMtnMan said:
Reputation for reliability, higher resale value and better looks.
Pretty much the same here... We knew we wanted a Tacoma, but also kept an open mind and seriously considered a Frontier before purchasing. Test drove a Nismo 4x4, and really had no complaints. It's been a couple years, but as I recall it drove well enough, had a smooth strong engine, and the ride was a bit firmer, almost harsh. Really didn't strike me as a bad truck at all, and in all honesty may have bought one if Tacomas didn't exist.... but they do, and we bought one! :thumbup:

·
Registered
Toyota Taco 2007
110 Posts
The frontier looks too boxy looking and the interior looks like something from the 80's. wow was that tacky. i don't think it's junk, but it surely can't match up to the performance and looks of the Taco

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have had bad experiences with Nissan vehicles and have known people who also got lemon Nisssans. Everybody I knew who had Toyotas loved them.

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
the only thing i like about the frontier, is inside the bed the wheel wells are more lower profile. you could ride an atv with wider aftermarket wheels and tires on the wheel wells. and have it be secure. Other than that i dont like it. interior is black and the exterior looks like every other nissan model in their line up.

·
Go Sharks!!!
06 tacoma prerunner
1,350 Posts
pretty much reliablility, looks and numbers. The tacoma was just hands down the better truck. Yea i could have spent $1000 less and gotten an equally equiped Frontier. But i really think the Frontier is $1000 less truck. I thought the tacoma's motor felt much more powerful then the Frontier's and the Tacoma handled much better on the road. The interior as a major point too. Some of the retarded ass magazine complain about the "Plain" tacoma's interior but compared the a Frontier it's a Lexus and compared to Dodge and Chevy it's a god damn Rolls Royce.

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
I did look into the Frontier for about 3 days. The only reason is that I though I could get more for the money, which in some ways, is true.

After I thought about it, I wasn't in love with the Frontier's styling. I've never owned a Nissan and my Camry was one of the best cars I've ever had and it's still running strong for a friend of mine. BTW, it's a 1991. The Nissan's I have been in contact with haven't faired all that well IMO.

It turned out that I liked the base package Tacoma (w/ V6, 4x4) better than anything Nissan was willing to offer me for similar money.

... and yes, the Frontier is squatty, boring and fugly.

·
05 Speedwayblue X-runner
1,787 Posts
I looked at and test drove the Frontier along with the other manufactures. I was not too impressed with the overall comfort and handling with the frontier as I was with the Tacoma. I ended up buying A Tacoma because of the past experiences with owning a Toyota( reliablilty). I would have to admit that it is getting harder to choose since the competition is getting pretty equal.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
The looks of the Frontier was what kept me from choosing it. Plus I like the ride, steering, and acceleration of the Tacoma. But mainly the style is what made me choose the Tacoma.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts