Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked and I couldn't find anyone that offers a cold air intake or ram air intake for my 98 1MZ.

How much would the car benifit from one of these?

I have considered just getting a K&N filter element for the factory air box.

Thanks,

·
Current title:
253 Posts
for real..SEARCH

ebay has dozens of intakes...........

p.s. instead of paying 40-50 for a filter u can buy a system for like 20 bucks on ebay

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
short ram is no problem to find, like ^they said, ebay would be your best place for that. CAI on the other hand would have to be totally custom, or get a short ram extension kit from www.upfd.com

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Becuase you can cut a hole in the bottom of the stock intake box and get the intake sound, and because the stock system is CAI, and all the aftermarket ones loose hp compaired to the stock one...

Anymore questions that can be covered by using search?

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
^--just do that, and get a nice K&N filter...

·
Registered
2011 CAMRY 3.5 SE
335 Posts
This cutting of the bottom portion of the intake can be done on the 3VZ system right? I like the response of the factory system, but I also need that aftermarket sound. What can be used to cut it, and what shape should it be cut?

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Hole saw hack saw sawzall scroll saw drill... Something hot like a soldering iron if you don't mind ruining the tip. Dude it's a 1/8" piece of plastic...

Pic from my ClubLexus gallery:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks. I will get a K&N element for the stock airbox.

Sorry about asking a beat to death question.:hammer:

·
Pondering the choices
112 Posts
just out of curiosity. would this cause you to lose power? I cant seem to see how there would be any sort of gain in response or power from this. Is this just for the sound? I would like to know. Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.