Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an LE 07, and starting a few years ago the headlights developed a milky white haze. No Yellowing yet, but I'll probably find replacements one day since it really makes the car look bad and probably cut down on the beam output.

I've always wondered why this never happens to the rear break light covers? They always remain pristine. Anyone know? Thanks?

·
Super Moderator
14,566 Posts
They do not remain pristine. They wear out from sun damage all the same, however they don't have to deal with nearly as much heat because headlight bulbs are much harder on the housing than taillights.

Red taillights are much harder to see damage on, but vehicles with clear lights like IS300 and 1st Gen CX7s have tons of problems with yellowing lights with age. Mazda also has tons of problems with the red inner coating peeling and leaving a white light that looks like you have a broken housing.

·
Premium Member
34,668 Posts
I would suggest one reason is the difference in abrasion. Front of the car is constantly pelted by objects of every size, most of them, though, sand grain size or so, which is part of the reason the front end of any vehicle becomes pitted and degrades compared to the truck and tailgate area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts