Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Acura Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering why there are no Avalon or Cressida forums here? Seems to be forums for about every other Toyota model, but Toyotas flagship car. Any suggestions?

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
This question had been asked a few times before.

It's impossible to make one forum for every Toyota ever made. We'll have a lot of "dead forums" running and cause slow-downs when loading the site.

All Cressida posts goes in the general dicussion forum, Avalon related posts goes to the Camry/Solara forum due to the chassis smiliarities. Same applies for Paseo posts in Tercel/Echo forum.

It's like taking a bus, you can't take a direct bus route to all your destinations. And a bus will not leave the main station until it's full - the driver must wait for all the passengers to get in.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,674 Posts
I think Cressida should have its own forum, or maybe they should be combined with the Camry/Avalon forum.. making it a 4door big sedan forum. Kinda like the Tercel/paseo/Echo forum. :)

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
the cressida is way too different to be in the same boat as the camry... well, atleast imo. its rwd, different engine, different chassis, different body, different driving characteristics, different options.

a separate cressida forum would be great, this car really interests me. but Ekam is right, this board cant use a dead forum. im sure if there are enough cressida guys out there to show the demand then maybe there will be a new forum. theyll have to flood the general section before that happens.

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
EKam, I don't know how buses work in Canada, but ain't no bus driver here waiting for the bus to get full...once the scheduled departure time comes, homeboy is off.

You could always post Cressida stuff in the Supra section since they had the same drivetrain, but Admin has spoken - they go in general just like the Previa and various other non-represented/enthusiast Toyotas.

·
On The Street
268 Posts
EKam, I don't know how buses work in Canada, but ain't no bus driver here waiting for the bus to get full...once the scheduled departure time comes, homeboy is off.
:lol: thas funny but so true. ive seen a bus leave somany people. and they try and chase it down too.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
prnc_chrmng said:
i thought there was a cressida forum some where, i keep seein it in someones sig
yo up ;)

You could try the sig link. Doesn't seem to be up at the moment, though.

We don't take too kindly to Avalons :p:

·
Registered
1992 Acura Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was just wondering. I think since most people post for Avalon on the Camry forums, that it should read Camry/Avalon, like the Tercel/Paseo/Echo forums are listed. As for the Cressida, it is a lot different that the Camry and like B Deuce said- it has the same drivetrain as the Supra. I used to have a 1981 Toyota Cressida. It was a very neat car. It developed the infamous head gasket leak. I gave it to my grandfather (he did not need it), so he sold it to our neighbor. I lost the title, so he is waiting for me to get the new one and I guess he is going to repair it for his granddaughter (although I doubt many 16 year old girls would like this style of car). All in all- it was a great car. 172K and still as solid as new- not to mention the smoothness of the engine (despite the bad gasket) and the transmission seemed like it would last forever. Great cars, save for the head gaskets.

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
that's how it works on the Blue and Gold Limo. I submitted a few slogan ideas for them a while back:
Regional Transit -
When you got no choice
When being on time doesn't matter
Hey, at least we're better than Atlanta's system

http://www.sacrt.com

we got new trains now.

digression ended.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.