Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shocked to see that the 09 Camry SE does not have fold down rear seats. I like the grill and rear bumper fascia on the SE but I want access for hauling sometimes and that totally nixes the SE model for us! :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but when my sister was buying her 07 LE the salesman was saying that the se has a rear strut strut bar that runs behind the rear thats why the seats dont fold flat cause the bar is in the way. But honestly man the 6 gen has a huge trunk by itself, I wouldnt let the lack of fold flat seats put off the se for you overall it seems to be an amazing car.

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
It's not a strut bar, but rather an extra sheet metal brace behind the rear seats. I don't remember if it's shaped like an X or a V. It comes on the SE and the XLE models only. Hence, no fold down rear seats on them. The backs of the XLE's rear seat does lean backwards a bit. Instead there is a small trunk pass through, at least on the XLE models. Not sure on the SE's. There was another thread on this a few months back that had a diagram of the brace. Do a search and see what comes up.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's not a strut bar, but rather an extra sheet metal brace behind the rear seats. I don't remember if it's shaped like an X or a V. It comes on the SE and the XLE models only. Hence, no fold down rear seats on them. The backs of the XLE's rear seat does lean backwards a bit. Instead there is a small trunk pass through, at least on the XLE models. Not sure on the SE's. There was another thread on this a few months back that had a diagram of the brace. Do a search and see what comes up.

Mike
Thank you for this info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts