Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Artistwifey
99 Camry
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are there’s no posts on the issues of failed systems on those 2010-2014 Prius’s??
The ‘computer upgrade’ recall fix didn’t fix, it merely made the electronic system switch to gasoline power faster so the hybrid system wouldn’t fail on the ‘under warranty’ odometer side? And yes another recall in September said that the converters etc would now be replaced. Good. But what about those of us who paid off our Prius’s, couldn’t afford the $3,000+, real fix? The dealer (Medford Lithia) offered us $100 trade in value for the car !!! One hundred, not one thousand. The engine was fine, tires too, everything but “THE” problem was fine. We were given an old 99 Camry by an acquaintance he disposed of the Prius.
Ok so we are the worlds biggest fools. Now that the Prius is gone for 1 1/2 years, Toyota across the board agrees to really fix the problems, where does that leave us??? Out $31,000, and nothing to show for it but a 99 Camry with 306,000 miles on it. Thank the Lord, the old Camry though ugly, still runs!
Yes I’m venting, but I sure wish Toyota would have treated us right when I got ahold of customer service back then.:frown:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Need to get my 2014 in while under warranty for engine and inverter checked. Coolant going down in both. Sealed system shouldn't loose fluid. Mileage down and have to drive in PWR mode as normal seems to have lost power.

·
New Toyota fan
94 Posts
hmmm... My 2010 Prius had suddenly lurched and the check engine, check hybird system, exclamation point and the slip indicator lights all went on at once. Had it taken to my local Toyota dealer and they said that the inverter blew up and the replacement cost was $5000... Ouch!

·
Registered
126 Posts
hmmm... My 2010 Prius had suddenly lurched and the check engine, check hybird system, exclamation point and the slip indicator lights all went on at once. Had it taken to my local Toyota dealer and they said that the inverter blew up and the replacement cost was $5000... Ouch!

2010 possibly still under warranty for hybrid system, plus there was some recall or TSB on the inverter before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone noticed that their gas mileage has dropped dramatically after these updates? Hp reduced? I was at over 60 mi/gal in the summer, now I'm having a hard time maintaining 50 mi/gal. It is true about the gas engine being used a lot more. I noticed that right after the update. Pay attention to the horsepower on the newer Prius's. It started at 132 in 2010 and keeps reducing with each new release. Looks like they're not re-engineering the car, just band-aiding a design inadequacy (even in the 2020 models where the power is down to 121). What I see is that the 2020 models are just the same as 2010's with different sheet metal and their default software just removes a lot of electric power capability. :disappoin

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 recall Gen 3 Prius

Just had latest update, Milage down to under 37 MPG. I read prius chat all the time, thats where you can find answers to your Questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts