Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,364 Posts
Probably because they aren't today's modern crappy FWD crossovers?

There is a guy near here that rebuilds and sells old Wagoneer Jeeps for HUGE money... and we all know what a vintage Land Cruiser will bring!

·
11,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably because they aren't today's modern crappy FWD crossovers?

There is a guy near here that rebuilds and sells old Wagoneer Jeeps for HUGE money... and we all know what a vintage Land Cruiser will bring!
Save you the hassle, since I've seen this already on YT as I subscribed to DDM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsHPZJVX4R4

Again, not surprised, America has always been fond of bigger vehicles...when gas prices are low, we will always want them. Toyota's trucks and SUVs really retain their value well, even better than the cars.

There is an LC on "Grimm"; and many know the V-8 Wagoneer will last for a very long time.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
The video is 'meh'...... the article is weird, as it's written about the Doug DeMuro video he posted a couple weeks ago. His videos are somewhere between entertaining and annoying.

"Why make 3 buttons"...... shut it.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
The 80's wagoneer I believe either had a 318 or a 360 (chrysler engines).... it was still under AMC, but, they used chrysler v8's.

My comment about the pentastar was pointing at the generalization of "Jeep" issues.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Didn't watch the video but I'd imagine Cash For Clunkers, paired with low interest rates and high fuel prices killed a lot of these. Along with rust. Even though the Wagoneer was long gone from the Jeep lineup when I was growing up you still saw a fair amount of them. Now I've seen one or two in the last year. I'd love to have one or an old Land Cruiser though but the cash people are asking is hard to stomach especially on restored cars. Survivors aren't cheap either. Still a decent amount of Broncos out there but they seem really prone to rotting out. People beat these things to crap back in the day too as they were viewed as just a tool, same for a lot of old trucks.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Didn't watch the video but I'd imagine Cash For Clunkers, paired with low interest rates and high fuel prices killed a lot of these. Along with rust. Even though the Wagoneer was long gone from the Jeep lineup when I was growing up you still saw a fair amount of them. Now I've seen one or two in the last year. I'd love to have one or an old Land Cruiser though but the cash people are asking is hard to stomach especially on restored cars. Survivors aren't cheap either. Still a decent amount of Broncos out there but they seem really prone to rotting out. People beat these things to crap back in the day too as they were viewed as just a tool, same for a lot of old trucks.
The video is actually more about nostalgia, and simplicity - being connected with the vehicle/road and able to just load up and go where you wanted - instead of the technology packed vehicles of today. It presents 2 nearly "perfect" examples.

If he had an FJ40 in there that's original, low mileage, and "perfect" (especially an 80's model) it would outprice the Wagoneer quite a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.