Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya know, i get under my truck today to change the oil and look around..the so called master mechanic installs my new leafs with the bottom leaf cocked.. i mean it doesnt line up with the others..this incompetence is such BS..and he was so callled the master in the shop..what the hells the drone do ??guess i gotta get the sledge and pound her over.

·
forget about "tsb's"
5,418 Posts
did he install a TSB leaf pack assembly or just one leaf, like an AAL? if he did the tsb, it comes as an assembly and all he does is remove and install it, he doesn't deal with individual leafs. also, i'm looking at mine right now and my AAL is slightly cocked on one side, they do move around a little bit and can shift, especially if they are just breaking in...
give the guy a break.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
ya know, i get under my truck today to change the oil and look around..the so called master mechanic installs my new leafs with the bottom leaf cocked.. i mean it doesnt line up with the others..this incompetence is such BS..and he was so callled the master in the shop..what the hells the drone do ??guess i gotta get the sledge and pound her over.
Yes the springs do tend to move. After they are springs.

Just remember to hang the rear end when you pound them back. (Jack up the rear and put some jack stands under the frame) Let your springs just hangs down so it will move easier.

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts