Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 XRS 03 LE 05 Vibe Base
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current tire setup is a 225/45/17 front and a 215/45/17 in the rear, both +45 offset. Anyone know the widest sizes I can fit front and rear? I might do a larger rim in the rear with a square size, so that the front rim is maxed and the rear is stretched, to get a proper flush. I do not want poke

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
7,793 Posts

·
Registered
05 XRS 03 LE 05 Vibe Base
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Widest allowable tire for 17 x 7 wheel is 225/45... Mine rides real nice and efficiently in summer with 205/50-17's on 17 x 7 wheels... 225's are already too wide for your 2500 lb car. They won't look or function any better at all when you're actually driving on them.
Well, a corolla can’t exactly accelerate well.. so braking and cornering grip are absolutely key.

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
7,793 Posts
Well, a corolla can’t exactly accelerate well.. so braking and cornering grip are absolutely key.
Oversized/overkill tires will only slow you down... Try a 12th gen with 2.0 Dynamic Force engine with D-4S and 6 speed manual on the new TNGA-C platform with multi-link rear suspensions and rear disc brakes.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I’d stick with 205 or 215 max with just a lot nicer tires. 16+ rim size there is a lot more offerings on tires that grip better. I probably do 8k miles a year and 700 tread wear tires last me 5-6 years. Best to run summer tires with 300-400 tread wear that will probably last you 3-4 years which is within the 5 year standard lifespan of the sticky rubber.

Yeah our cars are not fast or handles well out of the box. But you could spend money to get power which is expensive or you can do what I do, all handling and structural mods which is fantastic for curves. A lot more fun IMO.

Aside from getting nicer tires, the control arm mod and rear disc brake will probably net you the best cornering ability after tires. Tho, there is more to be had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The energy suspension control arm bushings. They are full polyurethane that holds the wheel a lot better for turns. I sort of mention it to a lot of people but usually isn’t a common replacement. Helps with braking, acceleration, and handling. Probably the best mod in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,533 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.