Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked at the wheel thread, but I don't see these wheels mentioned.

I'm trying to determine if the 2004 GS430 7-spoke wheels will fit on my Camry.

The wheels are 17" x 8" with +50 offset.

I also don't know what tire size I would need.

I've had several chrome rims, but I live in a northern state and I just want year round wheels.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
2,738 Posts
Camry are +38mm but if you look at aftermarket wheels like on tirerack.com the 17" they say that will fit are +45mm to +48mm
If your tires are 215/60R/16 then the closest 17" would be a 215/55R/17
That way even though you have a taller rim with the 17's the diamerter is almost identical to the 16" wheel and tire combo. Since they offer a big selection of 17" wheels for the 2002 Camry I'm assuming the off-set you mention won't be an issue.
"Click on image to enlarge"

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's interesting. I wonder if that 2mm will make a difference.

Also I need to find that comparison chart in your pic!

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
2,738 Posts
2mm = just over 1/16 inch, hard to believe it would be an issue.
Heres the tire comparison calculator I use.

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,518 Posts
I've looked at the wheel thread, but I don't see these wheels mentioned.

I'm trying to determine if the 2004 GS430 7-spoke wheels will fit on my Camry.

The wheels are 17" x 8" with +50 offset.

I also don't know what tire size I would need.

I've had several chrome rims, but I live in a northern state and I just want year round wheels.
View attachment 292486
Very nice looking wheels, those will look very nice. I have the same sentiment as you regarding chrome wheels. I have chrome wheels now and have had them 7 years. They have never seen winter, as I had winter wheels with blizzak snow tires. The SE chrome wheels have been washed, dried and polished with chrome polish and they are pitting, peeling around every lugnut hole ,peeling around all of the center caps and valve stems. The chrome is also bubbling on the spokes.They are so bad that I ordered new wheels and will sell these to a local junk yard for scrap metal. I will never buy chrome again. I am getting new tires too as I am going to run an OEM painted wheel and a good all season tire year round like you. I live in the north east. Those Lexus wheels should fit fine and look great.
Glenn

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've actually had FOUR sets of Lexus chrome wheels! I always found them cheap on CL or at the junkyard, but those days are over. I never used them because I knew I could turn around and sell them for two or three times as much as I paid!

But living in Minnesota where we use tons of salt in winter, I'd never use them. My factory wheels and tires are just fine, but I've added chrome door handles from a Lexus ES and a nice tint, so a wheel upgrade would complete the look.

I like wheels that look more like Audi/VW rims -- clean design, long spokes, and large negative spaces. I think that makes them look better parked and when the car has is driving slowly. I think that movement looks great.

Your Camry looks fantastic, by the way!

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,518 Posts
I've actually had FOUR sets of Lexus chrome wheels! I always found them cheap on CL or at the junkyard, but those days are over. I never used them because I knew I could turn around and sell them for two or three times as much as I paid!

But living in Minnesota where we use tons of salt in winter, I'd never use them. My factory wheels and tires are just fine, but I've added chrome door handles from a Lexus ES and a nice tint, so a wheel upgrade would complete the look.

I like wheels that look more like Audi/VW rims -- clean design, long spokes, and large negative spaces. I think that makes them look better parked and when the car has is driving slowly. I think that movement looks great.

Your Camry looks fantastic, by the way!
Thank you, I have new 2010-11 Camry 17" wheels coming Saturday. I live just outside of Boston, we here use a lot of salt and Sand in the winter too. I could not used my snow tires this year because they were 8 seasons old and worn out and dry rotting. The tire shop also told me that my all season tires are down to around 4-5/32nds of tread. So I am going to have to replace those too. My tires are 215-55r-17 so instead of buying 2 sets of tires I am going to sell my old 17" Camry SE wheels that I had the snow tires on and have a dedicated all season wheel and tire set up. I can't afford to buy 2 sets of 17" tires. For your knowledge I have visited tire racks website, and called them, based on the customer reviews and their recommendation, I am going to go with the Continental Contact Pure LS. They have a 70,000 mile tread life warranty and do well in all four seasons. I am looking forward to seeing your Camry when done.
Glenn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts