Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a lot of searching and can't find a definite answer. I bought some rims that are 17x7 with a +40 offset. I know 215/45 would be the same overall diameter as stock but with my wife driving the car sometimes I would like as much sidewall as possible. I also plan on lowering the car in the future if that matters as far as rubbing goes. The car is a '98 LE 2.2.

Also, does anybody have any side shots of lowered 4 cylinders???
Thanks.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
yes, it'll be fine as long as the offset of the rims aren't too high/low

·
[g4.Rep]
1999 Toyota Camry LE
1,591 Posts

Yepp! They'll fit.

215/50r17 Falken

17x7 MSR

45 offset

tein h-techs.

here's a shameless plug- i'll be selling my h-techs (the ones i have on now) when i get my S-techs installed. (like gracia above)

The h-techs are still too high for me- handles too much like stock except with a lowered look. LAAAAAAAAAAME.

Btw; Hey Alan! look at my exhaust!

·
Registered
03 Toyota Highlander
1,672 Posts
yeah it'll fit. I'd be worried more about offset and if the rims would fit rather than the tires for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the replies. I will order the 215/50's soon. I will get either Nexen n5000s or Toyo Proxes 4's. Any suggestions?

Are the guys that had lowered pix driving 4 cylinders?

I think I'm gonna go with the tein s-techs because I would like the fender gaps to be even. I have never tried tein before but I had some eibachs on a celica and they were kinda soft. I will definetely be gettin tokicos for struts because they are awesome.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yep I just put new struts on mine with 08 camry alloy 17s with 215/55s the left rear was rubbing the bottom of the strut so I broke out the grinder and its all good:clap:​

1 - 10 of 10 Posts