Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to check rear opening measurements online for our 2016 Highlander and coming up with a blank.

Does anyone have opening dimensions or know if a washer or dryer will fit in the back?

Washer is 27" wide, 29" deep and 43" high.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I had the means to do that at this moment I would.

Good grief, what is the point of a forum if you can't ask a question of someone that might already know the answer.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Something those dimensions would probably fit in our Prius v wagon so surely it would fit in your Highlander. You might want to place it on its side and maybe use padding to keep from damaging it or your interior. Those suckers are heavy and not easy to pick up.

Here's a thread where a couple of people have measured: https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/333-highlander-3rd-generation-2014-2019/1644752-cargo-area-width.html

I've witnessed two parking lot "emergencies" in the last year in which people bought flat screen TV's at Walmart and Costco that wouldn't fit in their vehicles. Neither accepted my offer to transport their TV's to their homes in my Sienna ... maybe they were embarrassed or thought I might abscond with their TV's.

·
Limited
1,494 Posts
The sheet metal used on these modern day appliances is pretty thin. So I'm thinking, yeah, they will fit. A little persuasion may be needed, but shouldn't be too difficult.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If I had the means to do that at this moment I would.

Good grief, what is the point of a forum if you can't ask a question of someone that might already know the answer.

You're asking someone to make a measurement for you because you're too lazy to do it yourself? I change an hourly rate ($85 USD) and round up to the full hour. What is wrong with you that you can't do it? Broken hands? Are you blind? Will need answers before I draw up the contract for you to sign...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had to measure mine yesterday for something that I wanted to haul.

Height is 31" width is 44"

·
Registered
533 Posts
Trade it for a van and let this serve as a lesson to buy something that will fit a washing machine in future, I really don't know what Toyota is thinking selling these vehicles that won't suit all customer expectations....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're asking someone to make a measurement for you because you're too lazy to do it yourself? I change an hourly rate ($85 USD) and round up to the full hour. What is wrong with you that you can't do it? Broken hands? Are you blind? Will need answers before I draw up the contract for you to sign...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks to those that responded in the spirit that these forums are meant.

These forums are all about helping other Toyota owners with most aspects of their vehicle. Lord knows I've gotten some great info here. Please don't delude yourself into thinking TN is a substitute for a tape measure and 5 seconds worth of measuring.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Something those dimensions would probably fit in our Prius v wagon so surely it would fit in your Highlander. You might want to place it on its side and maybe use padding to keep from damaging it or your interior. Those suckers are heavy and not easy to pick up.

Here's a thread where a couple of people have measured: https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/333-highlander-3rd-generation-2014-2019/1644752-cargo-area-width.html

I've witnessed two parking lot "emergencies" in the last year in which people bought flat screen TV's at Walmart and Costco that wouldn't fit in their vehicles. Neither accepted my offer to transport their TV's to their homes in my Sienna ... maybe they were embarrassed or thought I might abscond with their TV's.
This is interesting. I know my flat screen would not fit in my Highlander, so I'm thinking how the hell would I get a new one home from Costco. My son bought one and he said he transported it flat which is against the box warning which says to always transport upright. I asked a Costco guy when I observed that they stocked some models piled like 5 or 6 high FLAT. He said it is OK to transport flat if the screen is down, and then I did notice the boxes have an arrow pointing toward the "front". I don't know what the correct answer is. Sorry for a little too much off topic.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Smart Phone does not offer a tape measure app. :wink:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is interesting. I know my flat screen would not fit in my Highlander, so I'm thinking how the hell would I get a new one home from Costco. My son bought one and he said he transported it flat which is against the box warning which says to always transport upright. I asked a Costco guy when I observed that they stocked some models piled like 5 or 6 high FLAT. He said it is OK to transport flat if the screen is down, and then I did notice the boxes have an arrow pointing toward the "front". I don't know what the correct answer is. Sorry for a little too much off topic.
We have transported a 75" big screen in it's box in the back of the Highlander. Fit perfectly within the wheel wells.

·
Registered
210 Posts
We have transported a 75" big screen in it's box in the back of the Highlander. Fit perfectly within the wheel wells.

All ribbing aside, that's pretty cool. You have the 2016, I wonder if it's that much bigger than my 2012? I take a look at mine and I feel like there's no way I could attempt it. I did just manage to transport an 8' tree in the back, but had to bungee down the rear gate.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Trade it for a van and let this serve as a lesson to buy something that will fit a washing machine in future, I really don't know what Toyota is thinking selling these vehicles that won't suit all customer expectations....
I think you might have a problem with reading comprehension. No where in his post was he COMPLAINING about Toyota or anything!

Also, I've joined in a lot of forums but this is one of the ones that have a lot of smart ass people posting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
lol dontcha just love it....

anyways I just picked up 30x80 door in frame and it requires a 32" RO and would NOT fit by 2 inches, so if the washer is the size you say it is (and likely out of all packing, it will fit

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
18 Participants
toto
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing