Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
lol dontcha just love it....

anyways I just picked up 30x80 door in frame and it requires a 32" RO and would NOT fit by 2 inches, so if the washer is the size you say it is (and likely out of all packing, it will fit
2 months ago I bought a barn door kit at Costco. Box size was 85" X 41" and with the front seats all the way forward, the door in box fit with rear door closed, and I'm 6' 2" and drove 10 miles with steering wheel in chest and top of head against sun visor.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Also, I've joined in a lot of forums but this is one of the ones that have a lot of smart ass people posting.
Totally agree! I belong to a lot of car forums, even an admin at another forum operated by the same folks (VerticalScope Inc) that run this forum. I'm amazed at the number of passive aggressive, rude and useless posts by asshat members like 2017Highlander. If you're not going to be helpful, then simply don't post.

·
Registered
217 Posts
2 months ago I bought a barn door kit at Costco. Box size was 85" X 41" and with the front seats all the way forward, the door in box fit with rear door closed, and I'm 6' 2" and drove 10 miles with steering wheel in chest and top of head against sun visor.

LMFAO... I’m 6’3... been there-done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
It should fit if you haven’t done it already. I brought home a LG 30” electric stove home. It was a super snug fit from the roof due to the sunroof on my XLE, door closed and no issue with anything else.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I needed to bring home some stuff from homedepot, measurements showed it would not fit in the highlander, so I hired a van for 25 an hour, when I got out to the van it was full of packaging from the previous renter, I ended up getting the van for no cost. On another occasion I fit large boxes from IKEA in the vehicle but I had checked the packing dimensions online first, so I didn't end up trying to get stuff in that won't fit or will damage the vehicle.Know what your vehicle can carry.Having had the RAV4 which could take surprisingly bulky items, the HL takes similar items even easier and it has noticeable extra payload capacity as heavy items have less effect. The only area that it may lack on the RAV4 is rear opening height as the folded 3rd row impacts this. I will say that you should add about an inch to each dimension as vehicle interiors are curved an this will guarantee a fit.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
18 Participants
toto
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing