Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I know there are endless threads on lift and such, but I wanted to get yall's expert opinions on what I am think of doing. All I am interested in is leveling my 4x4. I measured the front and rear wheel wells and there is a 2" difference. So I am thinking of just getting the Toytec 2" spacers. Will this have the desired effect?

Also, will 255/85 R16s work with this setup?

Thanks for your patients and advice.

Jim

· Toyota Parts Manager
137 Posts
Are the wheel wells on an even plane??? When I look at a picture of a tacoma from the side, sitting level, it looks to me like the rear wheel well is on a higher plane than the front wheel well. Check it out:

farkie said:
All I know there are endless threads on lift and such, but I wanted to get yall's expert opinions on what I am think of doing. All I am interested in is leveling my 4x4. I measured the front and rear wheel wells and there is a 2" difference. So I am thinking of just getting the Toytec 2" spacers. Will this have the desired effect?

Also, will 255/85 R16s work with this setup?

Thanks for your patients and advice.

Jim

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply. When I measured my truck I was on a flat surface. Additionally I measured the front and rear bumper and there was a 3" difference. Do you LB's have this much rake? I got a reply from Doug at Toytec, he says that the 2" may settle to about 1.5" and that I should go with a full 3" lift to level the truck out. I really don't want to go that high and it is mainly a looks issue for me. With this in mind I think I will go with the 2.5" spacers along and if needed in the future add something to the rear?

Also any input on the size tires I was interested in? 255/85 r16.

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.