Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I just crashed my car (again, crashed it about 2 years ago) and I'll be fixing it all myself this time around. I'm poor so I gotta find parts at a junkyard and I may not even match the paint since I have a hard to find color. I figure this is the best time to do all my fixing since I'll be at the junkyard anyway and hopefully get some discounts for buying in bulk. But anyway, my suspension is old and I'm wondering how bad of an idea it would be to swap V6 front suspension and wagon rear suspension. Considering the age of the suspension, it'd probably sag to about the right height for an I4 sedan. Of course, that is if the rear struts fit. I'm 99% sure the fronts will work.

The cars in question are Gen3/3.5 as it's the only generation they made Camry wagons unless you count Japan. My sedan is a 95 so it's a Gen 3.5 and all wagons were Gen 3. I think I remember reading that you needed to some part that the Gen 3.5 has anyway.

PS: Anyone in the New England area let me know if you find a Camry that's the same color as mine in a junkyard because I'll need a ton of parts. Color code is 6L3 and can be found on the driver's side door.

·
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump in case anyone knows. I'll go perusing through some part sites later.

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,267 Posts
I think years ago Ratko ordered some lowering springs for his 94 Coupe and they gave him wagon springs...his car was jacked up in the rear because it was for a wagon...so yes, there is a difference based on that. However, they were lowering springs so dunno if that makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Lemme know if you need some help fixing it up. I'm not far away. There is also a junkyard in Tolland CT (near UConn) that lets you take the parts off the car yourself.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
the struts will work and yes the front springs and struts will also but the rear springs will jack you up. if your going to rob a wagon take the rear disc brakes also they are bigger the all the 4dr and 2dr sedans and they are the same as the es300's best part is direct bolt on.
i know it's hard to find that color i got the same code

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
Silver Streak said:
I think years ago Ratko ordered some lowering springs for his 94 Coupe and they gave him wagon springs...his car was jacked up in the rear because it was for a wagon...so yes, there is a difference based on that. However, they were lowering springs so dunno if that makes a difference.
exactly

the suspension will physically fit, but the struts and springs are made to hold more weight, just as the v6 front suspension (or at least springs) were made to hold a couple hundred pounds more

I would presume that stock wagon springs will not jack up the rear as much as ratko's h&r wagon rears did, since they aren't as stiff, but the gap should still be quite noticable

·
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want it to lift a little since I'm bottoming out on speedbumps as it is. Got 13Xk on the original suspension. Could care less about gap as I don't have RIMZZZZ. :)

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
I got Used Gen 3.5 V6 Springs with 80k miles on them if your interested.

·
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much would you want for them? I need to secure all the other parts first but I can certainly try to plan ahead.

·
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much would you want for them? Would like to get the more important parts in order first but this would certainly give me something to think about.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Ygpm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts