Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if 205/60-14 will rub with a 1 inch suspension drop in my GTS?

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
They'll rub even without a drop... 195/60-14s should be the highest 60 series tire you can use... if you can find 205/55-14 or 205/50-14s would be better, but they're way more expensive. :yikes:

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
I think they'd probably be fine.

they're only a tad taller than my 205-50-15s and I have a 1.7ish inch drop. with the 205s though you'll want to make sure you have the right offset. you might need to get some spacers so they don't rub against the strut. Also, make sure you wheels are wide enough for 205s.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

^that should be helpful

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think they'd probably be fine.

they're only a tad taller than my 205-50-15s and I have a 1.7ish inch drop. with the 205s though you'll want to make sure you have the right offset. you might need to get some spacers so they don't rub against the strut. Also, make sure you wheels are wide enough for 205s.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

^that should be helpful
Hmmm, I guess a test fit will be in order once I get the tires off my stang. Mostly wondering about strut clearance on the GTS stock rims with these.

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
Hmmm, I guess a test fit will be in order once I get the tires off my stang. Mostly wondering about strut clearance on the GTS stock rims with these.
stock is like +38 or +40 or something, so it will probably rub against the strut...

I have +35s and my rears rubbed on the strut... I ended up getting a spacer for just the rear and now it's fine, it evened out the wheel stagger too :p:

I think if you get spacers you'll be fine....

·
Corona is gone.
86 Pickup
863 Posts
So whatcha got going on under the hood that requires super wide tires?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts