Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jerone
1991 Toyota Tercel
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought MY BABY off the carrier a Black 1994 Toyota T-100 SR5, now with 280,000+ of my miles (Ooo the stories i could tell).
I like the combination below for her new shoes. Currently riding on 275/60R15s i like the footprint and haven't had any issues. I want to make the move to a larger wheel and lower profile. Can this set work? Will i need a spacer? Will i have any adjustments to make? Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Online website said this tire won't fit my truck but I believe they meant the stock wheel. The selected wheel is suppose to fit and the +18 offset should provide needed backspace but the bore diameter is 2 mm large. I don't know what the effect on handling and alignment, or body and linkage clearance this wheel/tire combination will have. I would appreciate another opinion before i make an big online purchase mistake. Thoughts are welcome.

Wheels- ATX AX198 Chamber II Satin Black (18x9”/6x139.7mm, +18 offset) man# AX19889060718
Tires- Nankang NS-20 275/35R18 man# 24053002
Lugs- DP Accessories 24 Premium Black Closed Acorn Lug Nuts (M12x1.5) 1.39” tall, 3/4” Hex man# LCB3B6HE-BK04024

Thanks,
jerone

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
10,017 Posts
I bought MY BABY off the carrier a Black 1994 Toyota T-100 SR5, now with 280,000+ of my miles (Ooo the stories i could tell).
I like the combination below for her new shoes. Currently riding on 275/60R15s i like the footprint and haven't had any issues. I want to make the move to a larger wheel and lower profile. Can this set work? Will i need a spacer? Will i have any adjustments to make? Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Online website said this tire won't fit my truck but I believe they meant the stock wheel. The selected wheel is suppose to fit and the +18 offset should provide needed backspace but the bore diameter is 2 mm large. I don't know what the effect on handling and alignment, or body and linkage clearance this wheel/tire combination will have. I would appreciate another opinion before i make an big online purchase mistake. Thoughts are welcome.

Wheels- ATX AX198 Chamber II Satin Black (18x9”/6x139.7mm, +18 offset) man# AX19889060718
Tires- Nankang NS-20 275/35R18 man# 24053002
Lugs- DP Accessories 24 Premium Black Closed Acorn Lug Nuts (M12x1.5) 1.39” tall, 3/4” Hex man# LCB3B6HE-BK04024

Thanks,
jerone
I'm by no means a tire and wheel guy but since no-one else is jumping in I give it a shot. Below is a comparison of your current tires and the 18's your looking at. The offset is only 7/10's of an inch out from centerline and from what I've read that's less than 1/2' more than the stock wheel so I don't see why a spacer would be needed. As far a the 2 mm bore these wheels are made to fit numerous vehicles and most wheels are lug centric vs.hub centric. Handling? The footprint is damn near the same except the minor location due to offset. The lack of sidewall will change the ride characteristics and handling with less sidewall to flex, but it's a truck not a sports car. Alignment shouldn't be an issue but I'd still get one since your spending a lot to make the change.This is a 2wd truck correct?
Speedo will be off and what about a spare? Go talk to who ever you plan on buying from and explain to them your concerns, I'm sure they would mount 1 tire and wheel and bolt it on the front end for ya while to check for possible clearance issues.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

·
Registered
22 Posts
You would have to drop down to a 30 to 35 profile if using that wheel. This will end up giving a harsh ride and no where near the weight capacity to haul things. If the roads are bad in your area the wheels then become at risk as well.

·
Registered
1995 Toyota T100 DX
529 Posts
You would have to drop down to a 30 to 35 profile if using that wheel. This will end up giving a harsh ride and no where near the weight capacity to haul things. If the roads are bad in your area the wheels then become at risk as well.
on that note, i'm not sure the T100 suspension will be able to handle such a drastic mod, and i'm not entirely sure the wheel wells on the truck can handle an 18 inch rim, lowered, i may be wrong, and you are definately going to have regear your differential with such a large heavy rim, you will no doubt be the slow one in the bunch, although our engines are pretty good torque wise, they are not that good with low rpm torque, but good luck i hope everything works out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts