Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, glad to be a part of this..just bought a '05 Toyota Echo LE with the crazy blue paint hence the name:wowza: I'm really happy with the car so far :thumbup: and the only problem I have with the car is wind noise :thumbdown: -actually a REALLY annoying high-pitched whistle while driving around 90-110km/h (55-65m/h). It's coming from the passenger side. I used to work at cooperstandard so I know all about seals and they all checked out ok (no holes, pinches, etc). Anyone else have this problem? I'm think it might be an issue with the gaps between the body panels or the type of rubber seals themselves. :confused: Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!!:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know, Echos are delivered only to Canada from Japan. :canada: They came out with the hatchback for '05 - looks awesome!

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
i have had this problem with a few cars. what i did was sit inside the car and have a friend blow compressed air around the seals and through the drain holes in the doors to find where the drafts were coming from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts