Toyota Nation Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I saw your previous post about using Thinsulate foam. Did you just use it on the door panel? Does it have self adhesive? The foam i was referring took is medium density foam. I had some laying around. It was in an attempt to test the wind whistling noise.
I put the Thinsulate on the inside of the door card / panel. I used a 3M adhesive spray, though very little because the Thinsulate will stay in place once the card is reattached.

·
Registered
2019 Camry SE
141 Posts
I put the Thinsulate on the inside of the door card / panel. I used a 3M adhesive spray, though very little because the Thinsulate will stay in place once the card is reattached.
Where did you get the Thinsulate from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2019 SE two weeks ago and also noticed wind noise coming at the driver side window. The noise comes on and off. It seems to happen at free way speed and only on certain freeway that I travel daily. I also noticed that in my case, noise comes more often when the car is making a slight left turn on freeway (curving left). I found this forum and wondering if anyone has hints how to reduce wind noise. The sales person basically told me that the noise is normal, which makes me regret to even consider buying this car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Took my car to the dealer today for this, was told it's normal. I mean it's not very loud but its louder than the 2016 Camry I had. I'm going to check inside the door for gaps. Nothing is loose underneath, nothing loose around the window, mirror, and windshield.

Does mounting the mirror on the door vs the window frame make that much of a difference?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I test drove a new 2019 SE last weekend and heard it on the passenger side when going fast on the highway. my ride along could here it too. hard pass on these cars i guess

·
Registered
19 Camry XLE Hybrid
2 Posts
Same wind noise issue here on my 2019 XLE Hybrid, appears primarily on the highway at 65+mph. I've got an appointment to take in for first oil change tomorrow and also asking them to look into the noise issue... decided to come here and search to see if others had any resolution. Doesn't look like any official or common fix has been found yet :confused:.

Will update this thread if I learn anything outside of what's been posted here already.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's most likely the airflow around the mirror...unless they change the design of the mirror, the sound will not go away. For now, we must live always having that subconcious sensation that the drivers window is slightly cracked. :(

Paul

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,705 Posts
It's most likely the airflow around the mirror...unless they change the design of the mirror, the sound will not go away. For now, we must live always having that subconcious sensation that the drivers window is slightly cracked. :(

Paul
I wouldn't say so. The fix on my Avalon posted earlier in this thread worked perfectly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem in my 2019 camry SE. I bought it new, and there wasn't any noise at the beginning. After a small accident driver side door had a dent, and it was replaced by a reputable body shop. I then started to hear that weird noise loudly when I go beyond 50mph. I first thought it was due to the body shop's fault, improper fix, and took my car back to them. They checked it for a few days, confirmed noise, but told me that everything looks ok in terms of door replacement. They were also surpised as much as I am.

Then I found this forum, read all stories here, and realized that it was not due to accident, but it is a general problem as some people experience it even without any accident. I visited my dealer today, which I bought my car from, explained them the situation. They told me this: "Toyota is aware of the problem, their engineers are working on it, and they will let you know (via mail) if there is a fix."

To be honest, I am having a hard time buying this explanation. I feel like my dealer responded in this way to just get rid of my further questions. It is so bad that we are paying something around $25k for a new car which makes a loud noise on highways! Can we do any thing (lawsuit, or sth like that) to make this fixed by Toyota?

I appreciate if you have any comments.
Hey John,

I have 2018 Camry SE and I have the same exact issue you are experiencing. I've had this car since January 2018 and I've never heard and wind noise at all, until i got into a small accident with the driver side door. Mine also had a dent in it and was replaced by a reputable body shop. My timeline of triage is similar to yours and I'm currently at the stage of bringing it up to Toyota, but from what I can tell they don't seem like much help either. I really do wonder if there is a CAL or something that we could pursue.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts