Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed a wind noise that seems pervasive at 65mph +.

It sounds like it's coming from behind on either the driver side door seal or the rear seat door seal area.

I don't know if this is a brand new phenomenon or if it's ever occured before.

Has anyone else noticed anything?

PS - This is very noticeable and local, you can definitely pin point it to around a certain spot. Not terribly loud and the road noise/music will drown it out no problem.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
I recently noticed a wind noise that seems pervasive at 65mph +.

It sounds like it's coming from behind on either the driver side door seal or the rear seat door seal area.

I don't know if this is a brand new phenomenon or if it's ever occured before.

Has anyone else noticed anything?

PS - This is very noticeable and local, you can definitely pin point it to around a certain spot. Not terribly loud and the road noise/music will drown it out no problem.
wasn't there something similar to this that was a recall except it involved i think the moon roof. i know when my 07 was in for the ecu reflash and the foam in the dash then the guy said if theres any wind noise then theres a recall for something in the moonroof or something around it. look at the recalls u might find what ur talking about.

·
2008 Camry Hybrid
2008 Camry Hybrid
1,527 Posts
wasn't there something similar to this that was a recall except it involved i think the moon roof. i know when my 07 was in for the ecu reflash and the foam in the dash then the guy said if theres any wind noise then theres a recall for something in the moonroof or something around it. look at the recalls u might find what ur talking about.
I think the recall with respect to the moonroof addressed a common rattling noise issue, not wind noise. I had my rattling fixed.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
I think the recall with respect to the moonroof addressed a common rattling noise issue, not wind noise. I had my rattling fixed.
yea i looked at the tsbs a bit later and found that ur correct. i was just going from memory so wasn't exact. looks like his problem isn't under the tsbs but maybe the dealership could find one so it will be done under warrenty.

·
No Mod can stop me
2007 Toyota Camry SE
559 Posts
I'm not surprised anymore when it comes to rattles and wind noise. Except for the dash rattle (fixed under TSB), everything else isn't enough to bug me.

My Camry's an appliance at this point; just a car I need to go from A to B. No need to stress over minor isues IMHO. It was bound to happen sooner than later is the way I look at it.

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS. (I know after a year).

The weather stripping was the cause. It was coming out of the window seals. They replaced it and wind noise is gone.

I also had them replace a rear weather strip, though I never noticed a noise there as I don't sit in the back seat.

·
Registered
2001 & 2007 camry,
26 Posts
was your car still under warranty?
I have a 2007 i bought as a certified used, and its out of its 3 month warranty, and outside the 36000mi warranty. I travel a ton and have driven the car less than 3k mi in the 6 months i have owned it, and noticed the same thing as you.

the weather stripping is kinda deformed causing a whistling.

Any idea what this would cost to fix outside of warranty?

·
I Has Mods To Do
2010 Camry SE V6
717 Posts
was your car still under warranty?
I have a 2007 i bought as a certified used, and its out of its 3 month warranty, and outside the 36000mi warranty. I travel a ton and have driven the car less than 3k mi in the 6 months i have owned it, and noticed the same thing as you.

the weather stripping is kinda deformed causing a whistling.

Any idea what this would cost to fix outside of warranty?
Yeah mines deformed to and I will take a picture tomorrow. I have to push it in with my finger while rolling the window up to get it sealed properly. I used to do that all the time but then I started syaing F it. How did the dealership fix it??? Is this somethign I could do myself?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts