Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mario Mobile
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When my window on the driver's side rolls up, it seems to make a louder sound than normal (note: up only) It bothers me because I'm wondering if it's just the motor failing or something is stuck between it (hopefully the latter).

Anyways, I put the driver's side down, and the passengers down, they go approximately the same time. When going up, the driver's side finishes first than the passengers, which seems normal.

So what am I going to experience? Loud sound forever or it's a sign of failing? If it fails...what do you replace and how much is it?

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
When my window on the driver's side rolls up, it seems to make a louder sound than normal. It bothers me because I'm wondering if it's just the motor failing or something is stuck between it (hopefully the latter).

Anyways, I put the driver's side down, and the passengers down, they go approximately the same time. When going up, the driver's side finishes first than the passengers, which seems normal.

So what am I going to experience? Loud sound forever or it's a sign of failing? If it fails...what do you replace and how much is it?
As long as its not making a grinding noise or anything I wouldn't worry about it too much . Usually when you replace them, you get the regulator and motor. They are cable driven so its easier to just buy the whole assembly as a whole.

You could always try to lubricate the tracks the windows slide in and the cables and see if it helps. It could be getting a little dusty causing friction and making the motor run harder to pull the window up :)

This is what I recommend replacing if it ever does fail. If you just replace the motor you have to pull the cables out of the motor, and re-coil the cables correctly around the motor. a real PITA :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would first take out and clean the switch panel contacts first before replacing anything. There is a tutorial for that. If that's not it, then there is also a tutorial for replacing the whole regulator assembly.

·
Mario Mobile
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would first take out and clean the switch panel contacts first before replacing anything. There is a tutorial for that. If that's not it, then there is also a tutorial for replacing the whole regulator assembly.
Can you link to both?

And what's the average price of replacing the motor?

It's not really a grinding noise I guess (?), but it's some-what like the original normal, just louder.

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
That really ain't too bad, I was expecting $500+ >_>

Let's hope it doesn't fail on me...don't need more **** to pile up lol.

hehe . It is pretty expensive I am sure if you go through Toyota but if you purchase it through a parts store the most you can expect to pay about that.

I remember pricing a roof mount antenna at toyota and it was $75.00 and i bought it on ebay for $16.00 :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts